Trek TOS Klingon Disruptor color(s)?

22 Stars

Hi Guys, looking for the authoritative answer on this, is the handle on the TOS Klingon Disruptor a darker grey than the body or the same light grey color? Were there multiple paint jobs on the same prop?

I've looked at so many sites, all the usual suspects, photos of props from different displays over the years and I still am not sure?! Some sites say 'this is a real prop' and looks like the handle and body are all the same color, but I just am not sure.

From seeing an original at Paramount the handle was a somewhat darker bluish grey with a greenish grey body. Icons made them with a darker grey handle with bluish grey body and Master replicas did theirs with a light grey handle with a greenish grey body. As you can see in the pics below. I don't know the exact "color terms" but I'm sure someone here can chime in and suggest current available colors you can use.

Last edited:
Thanks, some i haven't seen. So no one is saying it was all one color at least, that helps me for sure. That Master Replicas one is weird, with the handle actually looking 'lighter' or at least more pure grey than the body.

Growing up I always assumed it was all one color, and have a prop almost completed and i left the handle the same color as the body (closest is the color of the handle on the MR one on the right).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back