Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

Canobi: the side pices are about 4.5" high, so just a bit too big to get both on one piece. There are enough other long pieces and bits to use up the extra styrene though.

Fuzzual: thanks man! :) Good luck with the build!

I had been thinking about getting the Evike airsoft until I saw this build. I'm very inspired to follow your lead and make a Nerf pulse rifle instead. Awesome job. Thanks for the pix!!

Absolutely amazing! Fantastic build, dude. Well done!!

Do a Gundam beam rifle next!! (Nah, just kidding).

Good job!

^ Haha:) I think, if I do another gun, it will probably be the samaritan from hellboy...need a break from styrene for a bit though..might try my hand at sculpting...

The Samaritan would be a cool choice. What kind of Nerf gun would you use for the base though? The Maverick?

Anyways, again, nice work! Take a rest, don't burn out. Would love to see more of this kind of build from you.

Yeah any tips on relocating the grenade launcher trigger. I have the shroud put together and starting to look at extending the trigger mechanism. I'm having problems visualising how the trigger pull will go.
Your templates were fantastic cheers for that.

Very cool idea!Great build...any kits for selling?
Have a hasbro stormtrooperblaster with the resinkit...would build a cool nerf pulse rifle,too.:lol

erikv: glad you liked the templates! Can't wait to see your progress.

As for the trigger, i'll try to explain/remember how i did it:

Once you take the trigger/grip out of the front gun, there is a hole in the bottom of the gun that you can run the trigger extender out of. This will eventually be covered by the top portion of the front gun that you reposition to the bottom.

The trigger extender will look like this(using a diagram I whipped out earlier in the thread):

______________==
{

The "==" part will notch into the existing trigger mechanism of the front gun, the "_____" will run back to the bottom corner of the recon, and the trigger will pop out the bottom of the recon. You will need to cut a little notch to make it all fit into the recon. I laminated 4 pieces of styrene together, once I had the basic dimensions of the trigger extender down, to give it some strngth. The 4 pieces together, go about 3/4 of the way from the front gun to the trigger, then I just carry on with the middle 2 pieces from there, so the trigger isn't too thick. Last but not least, I added a thin strip to the trigger itself, so it was a bit more comfortable to pull.

The trick to getting it all to fit in and have enough range of movement to fire is to pull the trigger mechanism back a bit against the spring, so it doesn't have to travel far to fire. If there is no pressure on the spring, the trigger won't have enough room to move.

Sorry i don't have a template for this part, but I basically eyeballed it when I did it, and never thought other people would want to make the gun, so I didn't bother taking pics :)

For fixing/smoothing the seams, would hot glue be an option? Glue the seams then sand it down? Or is their a better material one could use..

I have used apoxie sculpt for similar things and it works great. It adds a lot of strength, sand-able, paintable. It's also good stuff just to have on hand.

Any chance you could draw the path of the trigger extension on the picture.
Thats the progress on my shroud. I am also going to put a blaster core in mine for lights & sound.
002.jpg
003.jpg

I went a different route with the grenade launcher trigger. It is a pretty similar setup, but more cut aside on the Recon. I'll take pics tomorrow.

this build is so amazing, i honestly think your version looks better than the film version, im definetly building oe of these. thanks for posting the how to.

still cant stop looking at it...

is that a decal for the counter or a mounted LED?

Here's a roughed up version of the trigger. Not precise dimensions by any means. Also note that you will need to hack off the screw peg directly behind the trigger so it has room to move. I also added some supports inside the recon (just few pieces of styrene) to keep the trigger from wiggling.

003.jpg

Just remember to check the length and make sure there is enough travel to fire. When fully pulled back, the new trigger should slightly slot into the angled part of the shroud that covers the magazine, but not go back into the vertical part. When it's fully forward, there should just be enough room to get a finger in betwee nteh trigger and the trigger guard part of the shroud.

And whatever you use to fill your gaps, don't use bondo. It won't stick.

ttown: yes, I just made a decal for the counter (a few design options are include in the template package). I debated using a real LED counter, or even part of a digital clock to give it a bit of a practical use, but in the end, the decal worked best for my needs.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back