Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

Really nice interpretation of the Pulse Rifle. Good for people like us in Australia where we can not get our hands on the Rifle but can get the NERF guns. (GO FIGURE)

little update: I got my Matrix airsoft pulse rifle the other day, and wanted to show some comparison shots with the nerf. The only thing I can see that I could change is the angle of the guard thingy over the front of the barrel. All the other differences are just to make it fit better with the Nerf.

The clip cover is as narrow as I could get it and still fit the clip in, and the little gap at the very back bottom of the shroud is the slot to fit the button for the sliding stock when it's all the way in.

Size-wise, the nerf version is about 15% biger than the real deal one and, of course, mine actually has a working grenade launcher and trigger ;)

compare1.jpg

compare2.jpg

compare3.jpg

All-in-all, I'm REALLY happy with how close these are to each other.

Wow! Thanks again everyone :)

Taz: nope...not laser cut. I built the templates in Flash, printed them out, and cut it all with a xacto and a metal ruler. Only place I used anything mechanical was a drill press to do the holes in the guard around the barrel (which I just noticed is crooked in the pics because I haven't glued it in yet).

Anubis: technically I could take some casts and sell them, but I think I'd rather just send the templates out into the internet and see what people make from them....as long as no one else casts and sells them..that would be lame :)

Cant wait till you put the templates up Quest! I know of two people who can't wait to take a shot at making their own Nerf Pulse Rifles! :)

- Skyler101

I am inspired!!!!!!! Dare i say it, but i think your pule rifle looks better than the original. A more modern / futuristic looking prop. I have to build one of these NOW!!!!!!

Excellent work!
What gauge and size of Styrene sheet did you use?
If the templates are available I would very much like to have a bash at this build.

Cheers
agreed, i would love to do this as well. I plan to do Spunkmeyer for the Aliens Legacy boards, but need a rilfe and can afford the Thompson :)

Blap!:

http://mobiusdesigns.com/nerf/Nerf_pulse_rifle.rar

Templates are up...hopefully they work for everyone. Included a bunch of images for the counter as well, so you can pick your style. For tutorials on how to get teh guns apart and upgrade them, youtube is your friend. And the guns I used again are: Nerf Recon, Longshot (front gun only), and Raider (stock), plus an 18 round clip.

Mate, you've gone way beyond anything expected and I'd like to thank you and congratulate you.

You're a credit to your craft and an invaluable asset to the RPF.

Highest regards and many thanks

MARK

Haha! Thanks Mark :) This is a great site, and it's amazing seeing all the talent everyone has. Just a pleasure to be able to contribute at all, and a speck of pride if I ever see my design hanging on someone's wall :)

Just yesterday I was thinking in building a pulse rifle with fiberglass!
This idea is awesome, just sad that NERF guns aren't sold in my country.

How do you work with styrene? Did you have to model it on clay and take molds first?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back