Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

For those with light up counters, what are you guys using to hide the display? I'm guessing thin tinted/smoked plastic of some sort.

Hi guys

I found a cool piece of info :thumbsup

To get a colour match for Brown Bess at any site/store that does colour matching, ask for: RAL 7013.

According to some, the finish isn't as velvety as humbrol's, but I reckon the finish could be achieved (or near as) with a bit of clever clear coat blending.

I have seen this project before is it an "instructable". Here in UK we dont really use Craigslist - our equivalent is probably Gumtree. I did go onto ebay after I first read it and priced up the three Nerf guns in question and it came to £100 ish/ $150 USD. Still not bad when you see what pulse rifles sell for.
You should make a few more, I bet you could sell them circa $400-450 :D for the base gun

Last edited:
Keep shopping around, I paid £65 tops for my donor nerf parts (look for recon blaster on eBay, should find one on its own without the attachments for around £7), the hard part is finding a longshot that isn't an extortionate price over here now.

I now have3-5 friends wanting me to make these for them. I'm looking into getting the templates CNC cut for me. But I can't find the post listing the best thickness tho. Could someone give their best recommendation. I'm leaning for a .03 thickness sheet for strength. But i still want to be able to fit Majenkos' counters when they are available.

Re: Re: Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

I now have3-5 friends wanting me to make these for them. I'm looking into getting the templates CNC cut for me. But I can't find the post listing the best thickness tho. Could someone give their best recommendation. I'm leaning for a .03 thickness sheet for strength. But i still want to be able to fit Majenkos' counters when they are available.

I used 1.5mm its better if cutting by hand but if you're cutting it via cnc then 2mm should be fine

Sent from the Garage!

AW: Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

While building my V2, I've whipped together a wall holder for my prototype, roughly oriented at the one that comes with the HCG Rifle. If you guys want a step by step, let me know.

View attachment 151443

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Look what the delivery man brought today:

tAHAbM8.jpg

Original HB Brown Bess is on it's way, too, but from what I found out, MOLAK has the original Humbrol mixture.

Cheers!

Please do a how-to on your wall display and great find on the paint.

For these stores that advertise the ability to scan and make paint from a chip, is it possible to scan the paint and then save the data to mix the paint at a different location but the same store?

AW: Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

How-To incoming later today.

Not sure about the paint analysis, from what I've heard it is possible, but expensive.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Got my charge PCB in the mail today :D

7735D9C5-F140-44B1-ADCF-40DA92FBBBDD-2951-0000035E49C323CA.jpg

I can't get over how tiny it is, Majenko's skill is amazing.

I also got the 10k pot I needed for the amp/speaker circuit, which completes the materials list.

I'm going to have to pluck up the courage to do stuff in my shed though, it's brass monkeys outside, and there's a good 5" of snow around to boot (unfortunately no heating in there at preasant), but at least it's starting to melt slowly. Time is also gathering forces and it has the advantage, I need to have it all finished by June. Sounds like a lot of time, but I can only put a couple hrs a day in due to my shift pattern and family time.

Last edited:
I haven't got that far yet, but when I do, I'm following grey2231's technique used in post #347 on page 14 :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back