Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

I agree for not having worked with styrene you really did an awesome job and quickly. Does the counter work at all in the pictures it looks like it's lit up.

This is just too awesome! I was looking for inspiration for a project to do for my bro's birthday, this is it :thumbsup. He's a major Aliens fan and this would go down a treat.

Do you have any templates you could share, or did you work everything out for yourself as you went along?

Outstanding Quest!
My grandson and I Nerf-War often, and he's gonna "spit a brick" when I come at him with one of those! I'm real new to styrene building, and so far my attempts haven't looked anywhere near that nice!
Can you do up a set of plans for the scratch built parts?

Wow! Thanks everyone!!! I can't believe the response :)

To answer a few questions/comments:

yes, there is a shotgun handle, and it works. It just blends in with the rest of the gun, since I used the same color.

No, the counter doesn't work. I looked into using a real counter, and even considered using a digital clock (and just displaying the last 2 digits), but I ended up just Photoshoipping up the number and adding a bit of glow to the red and some white highlights for depth. I figured it was better to have something that looked lit up all the time, anyways.

Is the Recon hard to cock? It's actually pretty easy, but I would make a slight change to the way I cut the top piece if i did this again. The way the shroud goes on, I have to put the cocker on last, so I can't screw it in like the Recon originally has it. If you put your palm over the front part and slide it works perfectly, but if you just grab from the back, the tabs in the front pop out of the mechanism. I might try rubbing some krazy glue on the pegs and popping them back in to see if that helps.

Templates? I mocked up most of the design in Flash (odd choice, I know, but I'm a Flash designer by trade, so am just used to working with the program). Some of the pieces worked right off the template, and others had to be changed. By the end, I was just printing them off as I needed them, with no real organisation, so I would have to go through it and try and figure out what everything was. For the shroud around the clip and launcher trigger, most of that is just eyeballed, as are the holes for the barrel and the gun body. Either way, I'll see if I can clean em up in the next few days and I'll post them on my site Mobius Designs once they are done.

And no, I haven't posted on Alienlegacy.com yet, but I'll check it out :)

Thanks again everyone! and I'm glad to see I've inspired a few other builds :)

Last edited:
very very impressed with this.. if you ever try to take it apart to make more you should definetely let me know .. if you make a kit or anything..

weno: the way it is set up, you can actually take the whole thing apart. The fitment in the shroud is so tight that I didn't even bother glueing it on. Take off the stock and the barrel to get the top half of the shroud off, and pull the clip out to slide the bottom half off. Even without the clip in, the panels behind the round counter hold it in tight enough that it won't budge without a good, hard pull.

That being said, I doubt i'll ever make a kit. Better to just post the templates and let everyone have at it :)

Ooh, and if anyone's wondering about the paint, it's just good ol fashioned Krylon Camouflage in ultra flat black and olive drab.

Absolutely brilliant work and more importantly, its brilliant out-of-the-box thinking.

Congratulations mate you've done a tremendous thing here and certainly inspired a number of people to emulate what you've done.

Highest regards

MARK

Thanks Mark :) I was actually amazed how well these 3 nerfs fit together with almost the exact dimensions of the real pulse rifle, with only minor modifications.

and Pump...there are a ton of tutorials on youtube that show you how to take the guns apart, modify them and put them back together. Basically, you drill the air restricter out, tighten the seal between the slidey bits, so no air escapes, and then stretch the spring out a tiny bit, so it has a bit more compression. You can also buy stronger springs to get massive shooting distances (80+ feet). The only note: you might have to add a bit of padding inside the larger tube, so it doesn't blow the back out when you shoot :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back