Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

Awesome! I have the recon, I just need to get my hands on a longstrike so I can start mine!

I wonder if Lightbenders' Pulse rifle counter would fit

Pulse rifle counter board - YouTube

Yes, it should. There is alot of room between the lower receiver and the magazine. Plus the counter face is two sheets of plastic, one can be hollowed and there is the lower receiver shroud adding even more room.

Hi guys,
Trying to put my shrouds together and need to figure out what parts I will need to adjust. :)
Cheers, Jason...

Jason,

I cut everything out and taped it together with masking tape to determine the best look.
In the end the simple solution with the best look was to trim all the 'interior' pieces the thickness to two sheets of plastic.
I will post some pictures later. Hope this helps.

Thanks Fly,
That's kind of what I'm doing. Just get the feeling I'll have to pull the stock apart to get the handle shroud in place :( Or I might just alter the back piece?

There is a lip on the inside of the buffer spring tube that keeps the shoulder stock from being pulled completely off.
Just remove the screws on the sliding shoulder stock and grind down the lip.
The shoulder stock is then completely removable.

Fully assemble the carrying handle shroud except for the bottom plate.
You should be able to slide the handle over the front of the upper receiver, then insert and click the buffer tube in-place and slide on the shoulder stock.
Finally insert the barrel heat shrouds and barrel.
Kind of Rubix like but it all fits together nicely.

The smaller panel behind the pistol grip is held with magnets and friction.

Sorry for the delay on the photos. Photobucket was being moody.

If you want the magnets here are the locations.

Front of the carrying handle.
TeardownMagnets3.jpg

A corresponding magnet is inside the top plate on the Longshot.

For the magazine well, each corner received a smaller magnet.
TeardownMagnets2.jpg

They match up with the magnets placed inside the lower receiver.
TeardownMagnets1.jpg

The counter doesn't work. It was made with scraps and can be back-lite in the future with a single LED.

This assumes you have removed the heat guards and barrel.

For removal of the handle. Back out the four set screws in the front.
TeardownM416.jpg

TeardownM413.jpg

Open the back bottom panel. Please note the two magnets on either side in the back.
TeardownM414.jpg

Slide off the removable shoulder stock.
TeardownM415.jpg

The handle can now slide forward, up and then back. It can be a tight fit. If so you can release the buffer spring tube that was remaining with the removal of the stock.

Hope this helps with how to modify Quest's templates so you can tear down your M41N.

Great work Fly!!! Love the magnets and shoulder strap. The backlit counter should look great once you get it all lit up too:) That's the one thing I would change on my build, looking at it today...just something a little more legit for the ocunter. Luckily it's an easy part to get at, if i ever get motivated ;)

Not hard. 2 liter soda bottle, Plastic toy M-4 and some sheet styrene. Just cut the lower receiver and shift it aft.

The pulse rifle was a "do something other than Captain America" moment.
I still have to do a TFA Hero uniform and then I will return to Colonial Space Marine stuff.
Sucks that in the Alien universe there is no Space Army. Budget cut backs, I guess.

Im trying to build this, got all the parts needed but cannot get a good print out of templates, tried loads of programs to try and print it and im struggling to size it properly!

I've tried paintshop pro and even photoshop and i've also tried some freeware poster/banner programs.

need help big time (also based in uk so metric measurements would be cool :) )

Zipatronic, I just used Microsoft Paint and adjusted the printing margins until the 'reference' inch was the correct size and taped the individual sheets of paper together.
Cut out the templates and then taped the templates to the plastic.
No real need for metric measurements.

Hi Guys!

Quest, this gun is freaking amazing, and those of you who have made your own guns have all done a great job. :)

My husband and I have decided to make our own (for Halloween). All the styrene has been cut out, and we've started to modify the individual nerf guns parts, but we do have some questions. (Please refer to the arrows and numbers poorly mspainted on the photo.)

Pulsequestions.jpg

1. How did you guys cover up the logo there?

2. What is this round metal thing?

3. How does one get the plastic to bend inside?

Also, can we paint the styrene before we glue it together, will the glue still work if there's paint on the plastic? (I'm guessing it won't since it has to fuse the plastic.

Thanks guys :D

Hey Candice,

Thanks! Can't wait to see how yours turns out :)

As for your questions:

1) I chopped it off with a hacksaw, and wrapped a strip of styrene around the stock.

2) it's the metal end bit from a coaxial cable.

3) I'm sure others have MUCH better methods than mine, but I heated the plastic up with a lighter for a few seconds and pushed it in with the rounded end of a screw.

And paint after...much easier.

Good luck!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back