N7:Armour Templates/Patterns & Prop Codex

I found that a scroll saw is a lifesaver for people like myself who can't hold a knife steady. If you get one with a tilting base, you can easily make beveled cuts on your armor pieces. The result is a very consistent and smooth cut.
Also, a Dremel with a plunge router attachment allows for very easy detailing.

Thanks for the dropbox files. Big help. has anyone used Worbla with these patterns? Using multiple layers or just rolling the edges to give appearance of thicker armor plates?

hi everyone. I need some help.

I don't understand step 5 of PROP CODEX, especially this part: "Adjust the Height bar and the Width bar to your measurements and place both bars in the center of the canvas.To make things easier you can lock these layers." Could someone explain this better?
tks

I'm seeing a lot of questions on this, so I figure I'll recap for anyone unfamiliar.

If you are familiar with photoshop, this is a fairly straightforward process. Looking forward to actually doing it.

Make sure you are viewing the rulers in photoshop. The actual photoshop rulers. (Click View -> Rulers).

After you take your measurements and calculate for the EVA foam thickness (in the codex), expand the BLACK measurement bars that are provided to the correct length using the photoshop rulers.

Then move your black rulers to the center of the image so the top arrow lines up with the top of your measurement bar. LOCK your measurement bars in place (in the layer sidebar) so they do not resize. Click any other layer in the image (so the armor is highlighted).

Then resize/transform the armor layers. they should all be linked, so they'll shift and resize together as one. once the top and bottom arrows are perfectly aligned with your measurement bar, hit enter (securing the vertical) and then transform again and align the horizontal arrows. Once this is done, your armor is now resized.

So now what? Now, go ahead and hide the measurement bars. You're done with sizing.

To get a clear print, you'll want to rasterize each layer. You can multi-click (ctrl+click) each layer in the side bar, then right-click and select rasterize layers.

Unlink each layer. Because as foam pep works, each layer is a piece of the foam you'll print and cut out. (Look at an individual layer and a complete suit of armor and you'll see it. The foam is stacked in different shapes to give the n7 armor its look - each of these layers is now sized and scaled to the size of your armor piece.

The file N7_platform (A4 or Letter sized, depending on what you use) is basically a blank canvas, sized for one sheet of printer paper. Drag each (or multiple) layers onto this ensuring they do not overlap.The more you can fit on a page, the less paper/ink you'll use.

Print it and use it as the template for your foam.

Hope this helps. Good luck, troops.

Thank's for templates!

I'm start build ME arrmor using templates, pepkura (to make helmet), and just drawings based on original armor images.
WP_20150503_17_48_15_Pro.jpgWP_20150503_17_49_51_Pro.jpgWP_20150503_17_50_42_Pro.jpgWP_20150503_17_51_14_Pro.jpgWP_20150503_17_51_30_Pro.jpg

Next steps - using airbrush add more details and make leg part)

First i want to thank those that posted the template files. But is there anyone with the codex instructions sheets? post #126 mentions
After you take your measurements and calculate for the EVA foam thickness (in the codex), expand the BLACK measurement bars that are provided to the correct length using the photoshop rulers.

What does that mean

So anyone who has used this set of templates. With the pauldrons how do they go together? There are only four pieces and I am confused as to how they go together in the end

Did you paint the lines on the abs or did you carve out some foam

both , first carved it with my dremel tool, then painted it with some black color to make it look "deeper"

you can see me and my suit in this awesome Cosplay movie

at 2min30sec

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back