N7:Armour Templates/Patterns & Prop Codex

I have a question about scaling of the armor. After i make the height and width bars should i stretch the red arrows so that the point of the triangle is the same as the bars or would it be the flat side of the triangles. Thanks.

Narayas, HUGE thanks for these!

But I've run into some confusion with the sizing, I'm trying to make my first N7 suit:

Following the Sizing measurements charts on the blog, the back's hieght measurement arrow goes from the end of the neck to the top of my waist? (Is this right?)

On the Template, this would align the bottom of the spinal cord just above my butt?

measurementback.jpg

Many thanks!

Edit:

Where are you guys getting the directions for scaling? I downloaded everything per Mr. B's website and I"m still completely lost in the sauce.

On Naraya's blog, there is an N7: Introduction, within this post theres a file "N7 Prop Codex", it explains everything for sizing/scaling.

Last edited:
This is a really amazing tutorial and my Fiance and I have been wanting to make a set since we started playing the games. And for him this is perfect!!!

But I did notice that the only female portion that's downloadable is the front torso piece. Could we just adjust the rest of the pieces to fit a female form or...? I'm not sure how this works lol

The only thing that's different for the female armor is the chest. Everything else is unisex, and it will properly fit you based on your measurements and scaling.

Sweet! Instant favorite!

I'm not personally going to do foam (maybe for bits and pieces), but this will really help with the pieces I'm wanting to make out of aluminum and for making the molds. Thanks!

Hey, ive had these files sitting on my computer for some time and just now im getting around to being able to make some armor ! ... im having some issues though, i dont know if im dumb or im doing something wrong, when i try to size them in photoshop by sliding the width and height bars it doses nothing to the templates.. ive been trying to look on youtube to see someone doing it but havent found any thing.. :cry

I downloaded the files but I don't know how to make them bigger for putting on foam.

I've been using these files to make the patterns for the build I'm working on. It's a little involved, but it's not that hard.

First get all the measurements you need, according to the Prop Codex. You will need a height and width measurement for each piece.

Once you have the measurements, open the file for the piece you want to scale in Photoshop. There are a lot of layers, but right now you want to focus on the two that are un-grouped, "Height" and "Width."

Make sure the rulers in PS are visible, and select the height or width layer. Using the "Scale" Transform tool in PS, adjust the Black Width or Height Bar so that it has the same dimension as your measurement.

Once the Height and Width Layers match the dimensions you took, you have to adjust the scale of the rest of the layers so that the red triangles meet the white triangles on the respective bars. It's important to remember not to un-group the rest of the layers yet. Leave them locked together so that all of the pieces are scaled the same. Just use the Scale tool, but only focus on height or width one at a time.

Once everything matches up, you can un-group the layers, and move them (I just cut and paste) to the Platform File you should have downloaded, where they can be arranged for printing.

Hope this helps.

SC

For some odd reason I can't download these templates. I've created an account and still no luck. Are they still available or can someone help me get a copy of these?

These are awesome! Very helpful! Hey, Has anyone attempted creating a template for the N7 Destroyer armor from the ME3 multiplayer? I'm looking to build it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back