N7:Armour Templates/Patterns & Prop Codex

Ok so maybe i'm just special or something but when I got to the blog, Blog | julianbeek, I can't seem to download a thing. :facepalm What am I doing wrong? I click the blue download link. Last night it let me print instructions off but after that? NOTHING I can't open any of the other files... it keeps saying they are in psd(?) format? I don't even know what that is.... lol what do I need to do to be able to open these files up?

The codex is a PDF, but the A4 and Letter platforms are PSD's (PhotoShop files). I have PhotoShop at work, so I have never needed to research other viewers for PSD files.

Is photoshop something you need to buy or can you get a few trial or something?

I believe Narayas mentioned somewhere that Photoshop CS4 or higher was required to open the files. I wouldn't advise buying it unless you're heavily into image editing since CS5 new would cost close to 200 USD and the latest version of CS6 is 600 USD.
There are trial versions out there than you can get but a good (and free) alternative is GIMP or Paint.NET. You would have to download a plugin for Paint to open the PSD files. Last I knew of GIMP, you shouldn't need a plugin. I have no experience with these programs since I have CS5 so hopefully you can find them useful if you choose to go that route.

I've been using gimp. It doesnt have a few key features such as selecting multiple layers, and from what I can see because of this I can't rasterize when it tells me to. I don't know if this is an issue. But in general gimp isnt lovely to use for this. And paint.net wasn't great either.

It would be good if there was a second tier program between gimp and photoshop. I'd be happy to pay for something, just not the $300AUS that adobe wants.

For those of us who do NOT have photoshop.... is there a Fem-Shep armor template that we could print out piece by piece for the top? I have found the Male-Shep armor pieces like this but never for Fem-Shep... :(

:D I would sure appreciate that. I'm just waiting on the rest of my supplies so I can start.. hopefully tuesday but I would really like to get this stuff drawn out ASAP

thanks for the templates, i just have one question: is the scale in the templates the original scale like in the game, because my problem is that when i adjust the black bars to triangles with my measurements the proportions don't look OK, so is it better to adjust the whole piece only to the height bar?
thanks from germany

For those of us who do NOT have photoshop.... is there a Fem-Shep armor template that we could print out piece by piece for the top? I have found the Male-Shep armor pieces like this but never for Fem-Shep... :(

There is a 30 day trial from Adobe available for free

Anyone know where eva foam tiles can be bought? The only ones I can find in stores/online are all sold in 2ft by 2ft squares, and I am a bit to wide (NOT FAT, JUST GENETICALLY LARGE!!) to cut out pieces of the armor.

Anyone know where eva foam tiles can be bought? The only ones I can find in stores/online are all sold in 2ft by 2ft squares, and I am a bit to wide (NOT FAT, JUST GENETICALLY LARGE!!) to cut out pieces of the armor.

I know places like Dicks sporting goods and possibly sears sell the rolls of thinner EVA (like 1/4" or 3/8") in 8 foot sections. Since you're already genetically large that might be your best option. Don't need the base armor pieces to be that bulky, and if you need to add on you can still do the smaller sections in 2 X 2's.

I am in awe of people who can make things like this. If I used a ruler, I still couldn't draw a straight line....LOL But, I am inspired and I just started with pepakura. So far I am doing fairly well with it. Next I will tackle something bigger than a helmet, possible your armor.

I can't wait to see the helmet you come up with.

Sorry for my long absence, updates will be due September once more. Until then continue saving the galaxy. You done a great job so far, because we haven't been wiped out by Reapers yet! :D Keep it up!

Best-Step Anti-Fatigue Foam Flooring: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Hi, I'm UK based and I found these on amazon but haven't tried anything like this before. Is that the kind of foam that is used for the N7 armour? If it is, is that really the cheapest you can get it here?

Oh my, that's quite expensive :\

I'm also in the UK, and have never ever tried anything like this, so have no idea where you could get craft foam suitable for this from lol
I had a look online but a lot of the sheets seem to be very small, A5 :\

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back