The Aquabats! Power Belt

Just started watching the Super Show last night! I and my wife love it, and I am going to definitely make a Bat costume for at least myself. The show is hilarious!!

Sorry to dig this up, but I just ran across this thread. I am a propmaker for the show and just wanted to confirm M Constantine's information to be true.

@RubyJanna, that belt is Awesome! It's pretty much spot on!

There is an episode that may or not have been released yet where they use a button on their belts that is only present when they need to activate their stealth mode (they don't actually disappear, but rather their costumes change to purple). I'll see if I can find some pictures I took after I finished the buttons. I used a piece of 1" copper tubing, shot it silver and cut some 1/4" milk acrylic to fit the inside diameter and put a couple purple Led's behind it on a remote switch.

That's awesome, I'd love to see pictures.

Wow I haven't updated this in a long time!

So to finish up what I started over a year ago. After WonderCon 2012 I went on a quest to build 3 Super Show! style power belts before San Diego Comic Con 2012. I got 2 of the 3 done. One for a friend and long time cadet which is the belt you see in the posts above, and one for a good friend of mine who is also a Bats fan.

Here are those belts:
IMG_0818.jpg

At SDCC we got to meet the guys and they loved the belts:
IMG_0878.jpg

Here I am wearing my buddies belt since he couldn't make it to SDCC:
SDCC12 4.jpg

So that brings us to 2013. I himed and hawed about making myself a belt before WonderCon this year and it didn't happen. Here we are 1 week before SDCC 2013 and I finally buckled down! Not only did I build myself a belt but I built my 6 year old a power belt as well. His is the Fury style belt as the Super Show belt was way to much detail for a little guy and for someone with my lack of sewing skills.

So here they are:
IMG_20130711_170522_851.jpg

I updated my belt from the ones I made last year. I added a 3rd square to one side as I couldn't have 3 on the other do to over lap. I also added the faux pockets, pick holder, and the band over one of the squares.
IMG_20130711_170531_159.jpg
IMG_20130711_170539_773.jpg

My son was stoked to see his done and I snapped a pick of him trying it on:
IMG_20130711_160651_877.jpg

The belt is a marine vinyl base with vinyl accent pieces and the little bat is heat transfer vinyl just like I did on the larger belts.
IMG_20130711_160855_696.jpg

It was a long update but I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Power belt I did for my son (there is a daddy sizes one too). Rubbed a bit of silver acrylic paint into some grey vinyl. I then used black and white sheets of duct tape to do the shapes. Just cut and layered. I free handed in Bat Pal with a sharpie. As far as the shirt...died long sleeve cotton tee and screen printed the logo.
y9ahujah.jpg
Helmets are next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back