Tribes: Ascend Helmets (lots of progress pictures)

SqueekinOrka

Hi everyone.

For the past 10 days i started building my first build which was the Blood Eagle helmet from Hi-Rez's new game "Tribes Acsend". I also have the helmets in there other game "Global Agenda:Free Agent". After the Blood Eagle helmet i then started building the Diamond Sword Raider helmet.

They're all built and i just put the outside coat of resin and the enst step will be to fiberglass the inside.I just hope it hardens.

I will hopefully have pictures up sometime next week.

Enjoy and i look foreword to showing you all :)

Files can be found here: Tribes Ascend Models (ripped) [Pic Heavy]

I got permission to post Jico's thread.

Last edited:
Re: Global Agenda/Tribes Ascend Helmets W.I.P.

Here's a few pictures of them. I may take some more pictures of them later. I didn't move them as i believe they are still drying in places.

Quick question: Does the resin have a sticky finish to it or is it because it's wet ?

They're all built and they have one coat of resin on the outside. Next step will be to fiberglass the inside.Already i have an idea for the Blood eagle helmet visor. I plan on buying a cheap pair of kids sunglasses with yellow mirrored lenses. I think they may work well. Haven't figured out the visor for the diamond sword helmet yet. I'm going to have to do some work on that one. As you can see in the picture it seems a bit tilted. I hope i can some how fix it.

Msleeper - Nice. I look foreword to seeing your Tribes builds also. Keep me posted on your progress and if your looking for files this is where i got them from.

Tribes Ascend Models (ripped) [Pic Heavy]

Apologizes for the lack of updates.

My Diamond sword helmet has hardened and dried nicely. Shame it's a little...how to say...drunk i guess i can't think of the word lol.

My Blood eagle helmet is still feeling sticky in places and it's been about 2 or 3 weeks since the outside coat of resin. I'm thinking perhaps i didn't put enough of the hardener in the mix. Blood Eagle helmet was the first i coated and was the first time I've used resin.

Diamond sword helmet is fine as i said just seems the blood eagle helmet doesn't want to dry.

I'll get fiber glassing them soon.I want both the helmets to be at the same stage/step. So while I've been waiting for the resin to set I've started making a Mass Effect M8 assault rifle out of foam.

I'm taking my time and having a blast finally making props and armor. Never though it could be so much fun.I can't stop! :)

A few pictures to show that they are wearable and how they look.

In the 2nd picture that is the Mass Effect M8 that i'm also working on. I call that picture "Tribes Effect."

With the front view of the diamond sword it's a little out of shape as you can probably see. I figure i'm going to have that helmet as a battle scared/worn helmet. I will need to look at some tutorial for when i get to the painting stage. :)

Last edited:

Quick update : Blood Eagle helmet is chilling in the yard capturing a tan.

I just finished fiber glassing the inside (about time i got to that stage). It looks like a really bad mess and I'm hoping it's OK and it happens when fiber glassing lol.

I have added a few pictures and i should get the Diamond Sword helmet fiber glassed also.

After the fiber glass is done,the next step will be bondo which maybe a delay there as i need to wait to go get supplies.

Quick question - What bondo is best to use from Canadian Tire ? They have a few,not sure if there's a certain one i should buy.

bondo Search results | Canadian Tire

Thanks in advance and enjoy :)

DIAMOND SWORD STATUS - Chilling in the yard with the Blood Eagle Helmet,freshly fiber glassed inside.

Re: Global Agenda/Tribes Ascend Helmets (Pictures)

I'm by no means an excpert but being from Canada as well I know what Canadian Tire has and this is the stuff your looking for:
DSC00030.jpg

Its normally right next to the fibreglass resin.

Awesome job on this so far by the way, it's awesome to see some Tribes related pepakura projects.

Re: Global Agenda/Tribes Ascend Helmets (Pictures)

You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help and good luck in the seemingly endless bondo-sand-bondo-sand process lol

Re: Global Agenda/Tribes Ascend Helmets (Pictures/W.I.P./1st Build)

Woohoo! I got my bondo supply and will be starting that step sometime tomorrow/next week. For now I'm going to start on a side project while i have a good reference for size :D

Tribes-Ascend-logo.jpg

Attempting to make the Diamond Sword...Sword.

Last edited:

Nice builds! For the Diamond Sword visor- you might heat bend some plexiglass (Like this person did in their toaster oven: [Youtube]) and hit it with some Reflective blue window tint ([Ebay]?

You'd probably be able to forgo the reflective tint for regular blue window tint, though, it looks to be about $5-10 cheaper than reflective.

Keep it up!

Nice builds! For the Diamond Sword visor- you might heat bend some plexiglass (Like this person did in their toaster oven: [Youtube]) and hit it with some Reflective blue window tint ([Ebay]?

You'd probably be able to forgo the reflective tint for regular blue window tint, though, it looks to be about $5-10 cheaper than reflective.

Keep it up!

Awesome,thank you very much for the links :) I was actually thinking of purchasing a blue mirrored motorcycle visor like this color. Very,very carefully cutting it half way but not straight through down the middle then getting a heat gun and carefully bending it just enough to get more of a point on the visor so it's less curved if that makes sense. As you maybe able to see in the screenshots of my first post there visor is sort of pointed than rounded.

Unfortunately i don't know much about visors and not to sure if they can be bent with heat.

Thanks again for the links and suggestion i'll look into it and i believe it would work :)

Last edited:

And so it begins....

Just a few pictures of the blood eagle helmet with the first batch of bondo. What a mess.:confused

I plan on doing one coat of bondo over the whole thing then once i'm happy with it i will then add detail. I really hope it will turn out ok. Think i'm alittle nervous on how it's going to look.

More pictures added about half of the helmet is done. I can't wait to sand it and neaten it,i feel kinda embarrassed at how much of a mess it looks.I did have my hand on it at times (with gloves) so that probably made more of a mess.

I've decide to let it sit outside and let it dry for the rest of the day and will continue with it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Started to sand the Blood Eagle helmet but i think i may have to wait. As the second half of the helmet i coated in bondo i didn't put enough of the red stuff (harder i think) and so it's a lot softer than the first half i did.

I hope it will dry but it may just take a lot more time than the first half.

I'll keep you all posted :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back