Jurassic Park 3D (Post-release)

My husband took me to see it last night and...Oh my god I freaking loved it so much! I was smiling a lot through that movie even the minute it started and when you heard the theme for the first time.

We watch a lot of movies and seen a lot of 3D movies but none of them have really stood out to me like Jurassic Park has. It really was amazing and really did feel at times that you was right there and it was like it was a live performance on stage sometimes.When John Hammond visits Dr.Grant at the digging site in the trailer for example. Oh and the close up of the raptor that comes through the plastic sheet looked amazing up close,always loved at how realistic the dinosaurs looked. The sounds...the sounds wer incredible especially the T-Rex's roar!

I'm still smiling like a goof just thinking about it. For the love of Jurassic Park I gotta get myself the raptor claw. Always wanted one and now I just got to have one lol.

Would highly recommend JP:3D. Go see it if you get the chance it's amazing!

Mark1701.

I think you may have gotten lost...

Can I help you find the forum you are looking for?

Holy crap on a cracker... you HATE Jurrassic Park?

Huh?

It has it's share of mistakes. But a what a fun movie.

Went to see it yesterday with my dad and my kids - SO FUN!!!

Granted, I always loved the movie. I love dinosaurs and was just lamenting the cancelling of Terra Nova, so I was ready for this release big time.

3d usually gives me a headache, but this did not. But while the 3d was pretty well done, the sound added so much to it!

There were some moments with the detailed enhanced sound effects that added to the 3d and really blew my mind with a feeling that I was there.

Outdoor times you expect, but simple times too, like when they were in the camper in the desert or going through the ride... at one point I thought there were people in front of me blocking my view, and it was the actors in the movie! haha!

Anyway, I'm sorry for those who didn't like it, and I know there are flaws, but it was very entertaining and that made it all excusable.

(y)thumbsup

Easily the best 3D conversion I have ever seen, Watching it again brought back the best memories ever....The Sound in IMAX 3D was insane, the Rex truly was terrifying!

Just got back from it and it was amazing. I was supposed to go with a friend, but she never gave me a concrete answer about whether she definitely was going, so I said F you, I'll go by myself.

The conversion was great, but it felt a little off to me. I think this is the first catalog movie 3D conversion I've seen, and the camerawork to me doesn't lend itself perfectly well to the 3D effect. Changes of focus made my eyes hurt, but the effects as a whole were well done (and it was VERY nice to see a 3D film where the things weren't shooting out toward the audience for that cheap 3D wow effect). Only a few shots were really fake looking (like the scene when Genero trips while talking to the digger in the beginning of the film) but you could tell they put a lot of work into making the film look as good as possible.

I did notice a few technical issues though. There were a few scenes where the 3D was wonky (in some ups of Hammond's face when you looked at the refraction effect from his glasses), and there was one shot where the space between Lex's nose and eye was poking out like a big square right after she got the systems running again.

There were also two big sound issues for me as well. When the raptor jumps through the window in the control room, the shattering sound of the glass was very low. And right after that, when Grant and co. make their way to the scaffolding by the skeletons and the raptor shrieks at them, there was no screaming sound at all. Those two were big WTFs for me.

Yes, I'm b*tching about little things, but I'm truly glad I had another chance to see one of my favorite movies in the theater again. I'd rather them re-release older films WITHOUT the 3D, but I suppose it's a small price to pay for the theater experience :thumbsup

Here's why Jurassic Park sucks.

You can pick out errors in every single movie, but you can't let that distract you from the overall magic of film. how're you going to enjoy anything?

Here's some more fodder for you to hate the film:

Remember when Hammond said he was working 5 years on the park? Do you think 5 years would be long enough for a Brachiosaur or a T-Rex to grow to its full adult size? I highly doubt it.

And if it's a park, why would they have so much foliage blocking the views of the animals? There were trees right against the fences and dense foliage for the animals to hide in.

If Muldoon was such an awesome hunter, why didn't he have his shotgun(?) all ready before he started to stalk the raptor that was hunting him?

Why didn't Alan and Tim just move to the side of the tree when the jeep began to fall?

Why was the Rex such an inept predator? If his sight was really that bad, his sense of smell should have compensated for the lack of vision acuity. GRANT AND LEX WERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS NOSE!

How did the raptor manage to get both hands/claws sideways when trying to push the door open in the control room while still keeping his head in view in the circluar window of the door?

and blah blah blah... I'm pretty sure 96.8% of people will still disagree with you and continue to love the film, no matter how many errors they can see.

Remember when Hammond said he was working 5 years on the park? Do you think 5 years would be long enough for a Brachiosaur or a T-Rex to grow to its full adult size? I highly doubt it.

And if it's a park, why would they have so much foliage blocking the views of the animals? There were trees right against the fences and dense foliage for the animals to hide in.

If Muldoon was such an awesome hunter, why didn't he have his shotgun(?) all ready before he started to stalk the raptor that was hunting him?

Why didn't Alan and Tim just move to the side of the tree when the jeep began to fall?

Why was the Rex such an inept predator? If his sight was really that bad, his sense of smell should have compensated for the lack of vision acuity. GRANT AND LEX WERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS NOSE!

How did the raptor manage to get both hands/claws sideways when trying to push the door open in the control room while still keeping his head in view in the circluar window of the door?
OMFGMOVIERUINEDFOREVER

:angry

:facepalm

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back