Jurassic Park 3D (Post-release)

A mind-blowing experience, I couldn't believe the quality that was put into this. The 3D looked astounding (it looked like legit 3d. The last 3d flick I saw was Avatar and this was easily comparable to that, if not better imo), the film quality itself was unbelievable, and holy crap - the SOUND. I swear I about peed myself when the Rex roared.
Unbelievable experience, worth every darn penny I paid for the ticket.
If you're thinking about it, do it.

I'm not nuts about 3D so I'll pass but...anyone who doesn't like the original JP seriously must have gotten their joy shot off in the war. It's like Indiana Jones meets Godzilla, and if that doesn't make your soul radiate, then friend, you're dead inside.

Got dragged to this steaming pile of film and it's just as bad as I remembered, if not worse. 3-D didn't save it.

I think your talking about Godzilla. JP is an iconic film that will echo through the ages, and while I accept it may not be for everyone, it is by no means " a steamimg pile".

Here's why Jurassic Park sucks.

They go to great lengths to make you understand that the T-Rex is on the way before you even see it but at the end of the film in comes in out of the blue? without warning?

Little girl "Plays" with computers they keep taliking about how she plays with computers but all of the sudden she's a computer expert? and says she's fimillure with a system ... that according to her grandfather is a one of a kind system?

The little boy get's zapped (with enough juice to stop a T-Rex and he wakes up remembering where he left of from, when he was counting.

Little girl "Plays" with computers they keep taliking about how she plays with computers but all of the sudden she's a computer expert? and says she's fimillure with a system ... that according to her grandfather is a one of a kind system?

The little boy get's zapped (with enough juice to stop a T-Rex and he wakes up remembering where he left of from, when he was counting.

She says several times she is a "hacker" which is more then just playing with computers...

They go to great lengths to make you understand that the T-Rex is on the way before you even see it but at the end of the film in comes in out of the blue? without warning?

If it's little things like that that make you hate a movie, you must despise 99% of what gets released. The film is not without some flaws, but if that's what you're focused on, in my opinion, I think you robbed yourself of enjoying a lot amazing visual effects, some great, tense action sequences, and some good bits of dialogue.

I got to see this at an advanced screening a couple weeks back, and loved it. The 3D conversion is the best I've seen, and the CGI effects (mostly) hold up or are still better to anything coming out today. Checking it out again tonight on Imax, and I can't wait!

I would rather Jurassic Park III was re-released in 3D because the snout of the Spinosaurus will "pop" the screen far more often and most importantly, saying Jurassic Park III 3D as you ask for tickets will twist many tongues.

That, is why you fail...

SO!

Took my son to see it tonight and just got back a little bit ago.

Holy crap that was awesome.

Easily the best 3D conversion I've ever seen (and I'm not a fan of 3D at all). Some of the jump scares really work in the conversion as well.

The best part? Even 20 years later it still had magic for me. When they first see the dinosaurs I had a grin ear to ear and goosebumps remembering how I was floored as a 13 year old kid seeing this for the first time and then seeing my son (6) with his mouth wide open in astonishment. Even with all the CG used now a days the dinosaurs in JP sold him from the first shot to the last.

I think a lot of that is the fact that CG was used sparingly. There's enough "real" in the film that your brain doesn't just resign itself to "everything is fake" territory.

Anyhow, it was an absolute pleasure to see this on the big screen again and to share it with my son. It's now one of his favourite movies! He wouldn't stop talking about how awesome it was on the drive home. :D

Michael, as I said on Facebook I'm glad your boy enjoyed the movie after your initial hesitation. I really can't wait to see my daughters reaction to this movie, and I cant wait to feel like a kid again sat next her. I have the highest of hopes for this movie.

At the risk of falling prey to a troll...

those are some of this pivoial thoings in the movie!!!!!!!

No they're not. Let's look at them:

Both previous times he's noticed are quiet scenes where nothing else is happening. They didn't hear him coming when he was attacking the herd of Galimimus. Why didn't they notice him coming? Because they were distracted. Raptors focused on their prey and all the banging around going on and the people distracted by the impending death by Raptor. the bigger question, and I'm surprised this isn't what actually bothers you, is how the Hell did T-Rex get into the building without smashing a huge hole in a wall? Either way it's not pivotal to the plot, it's just an escape device for grand effect at the end of the film.

Locking a door which then fails to stop the oncoming Raptor is hardly a pivotal plot point either. She didn't program anything, she just started the system. As for "plays" with computers she does refer to herself as a hacker and said she was familiar with the TYPE of program they were using, not the program itself. I'm sure the program has many more idiosyncrasies that are specific to it but as I said, she just turned it on.

Really? THIS bothers you?

First of all, not a pivotal plot point.

Second of all, the juice is not there to kill the T-Rex it's there to give him a big enough shock to not try touching it again (they even mention that the raptors were testing the fences. If it was enough to kill them they'd be dead).

Thirdly they DO make a big deal of the effects on Tim: His heart stops, he stops breathing, his hands are scarred, he walks funny for the rest of the film. That's far more significant than what 99% of other films would have done.

Lastly, him saying "three" when he wakes up is a film maker's way of relieving the tension of what has just happened for the audience, it "clears the palate" for the next scene. A child was just resuscitated from near death, the scene needed it.

When the Rex comes in the building at the end there is a giant open section behind him in the compound leading outside....only noticed that watching it the other night.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back