Jurassic Park 3D (Post-release)

Dammit, the dinosaurs are just too old (and I heard a few of the Raptors died) to get back in front of the camera to do film this the right way in 3-D.

:facepalm

If you guys are considering Jurassic Park and Star Wars as B movies--what, pray tell, would you consider as an A movie?

I consider Jurassic Park and Star Wars as not only "A" movies, but as "The" movies.

If you guys are considering Jurassic Park and Star Wars as B movies--what, pray tell, would you consider as an A movie?

I consider Jurassic Park and Star Wars as not only "A" movies, but as "The" movies.

Go back a page or so where there was a little hissy-fit dogpile because I said I considered Jurrassic Park to be the greatest B-Movie ever made. Not an insult, just how I feel Speilberg approached the material. It's an hour and a half genre picture filled of rubber monsters eating people, without the horror really associated with that idea, some on-the-nose heavy-handed moralizing, broad character archetypes with no real arcs (well, Jackson's arm I guess had a bit of an 'arc' last time we saw it :behave), and an approach to the material that sees it for the slightly silly thing that it is. It's BEAUTIFULLY executed, and a joy to watch, but it's still a B-movie. Political correctness in the cinema seems to demand that we refer to these as 'popcorn' movies now:rolleyes but we're talking about the same thing.

And Star Wars? Why even go there - it's creator has said many many times since the '70s that he conceived it as a B-serial. The whole idea behind the opening scroll, and in fact the opening sequence of SW is that you're catching an episode of a serial you might not have seen at the theater last weekend.

Last edited:
It comes out here on Thusday and is only running for a week apparently. I'm hoping to see it if time permits. Even though I'm not a big 3D fan, I'm quite looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Kraig

I was able to see it last night at an advanced screening and all I can say is that it converted to 3D VERY well.

Full disclosure; I'm a HUGE JP nerd with props and a Jeep so I'm very biased here.
The lightened the movie up a little I think to compensate for using the glasses but from start to finish it was 1993 all over again.

Even the slow zoom on Muldoon at the beginning had my smiling from ear to ear and for us prop nerds you'll find yourself gazing off to the side once in a while at the goodies.

Sadly no new footage added, but it was is something I HIGHLY recommend you go and see.

Saw it last night. The image quality was great..and the 3d depth was really good. The T-Rex steals the show as before..and at that size, volume, and in 3D you get real sense of the size of the beast. I did find the volume a bit low, but perhaps I am used to it being too loud in my house with my subwoofer and bass shakers adding some kick to certain scenes. I suspect the Imax version would be the way to go if you can.

My only problem (aside from the projector blowing a bulb and about 2 minutes of blackness) was the low murmur of a couple a few seats down..constantly. The guy would literally say, "Hah, hah hah" to EVERY line of dialogue. EVERY LINE! AT least 4-5 times per minute. Just enough to completely distract me.

Anyways..I totally recommend it. The conversion was very good and it was a treat to see it in this format.

Aaaaaaah I never got to see it on the big screen when it first came out- I was young and it was deemed "too scary" for me even though all my other friends had seen it and I adored dinosaurs. I had a ton of the toys, though, probably to make up for it- finally saw it on VHS the moment it was released and I had talked my dad into it and it was the first "scary" movie I fell absolutely in love with. I watched every behind the scenes special I could find and was one of the first films that got me really into SFX.

Finally got to see it on the big screen a few months back at a Nerds-Like-Us showing and it was like I had never seen it before- it was on film and the quality was so-so as a result, full of scratches and aged film. I'm praying I have time to catch the 3D showing if only to finally see it on the bigscreen in better quality!

Aaaaah Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark, all the dinosaurs are runnning wiiiiild~ ((gets that song stuck in my head all over again))

Snooty-patooties can snoot and sneer all they want, I'm jazzed as hell.

saw it, loved it, watched it again...still loved it. seeing that 3D spoon hit the ground during the kitchen scene will follow me for the rest of my life!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back