Jurassic Park 3D (Post-release)

:lol

Star Wars IS just patterend after B-Movies and was thought of by the studio as a B-Movie, but isn't.

They were wrong as is Timmy.

Did someone say Tiiiiiimy?!
timmy.gif

I love Jurassic Park, but I'm so sick and tired of 3D already. I'd love to see it on the big screen again (like Eric, I was there opening day, and saw it half a dozen times over the course of that summer), but I do NOT want to deal with 3D.

I was there opening day as well as kid. I'll never forget the roar from the T-Rex through the speakers of the theater. As much as I'd like to share that experience with a younger generation to appreciate...I'm not sure how much they can work in the 3-D after the fact. The Star Wars re-releases just feel like milking a cash cow and I hope Universal isn't trying to do the same with all of their classics as well. The only 3-D movie that has truly justified the experience so far IMO has been Avatar which I'm glad I was in the theater for (the story in it...meh but the effects were glorious up close and first hand). Obviously that was filmed precisely with 3D in mind with 3D cameras so I really can't imagine how much postproduction they can do on a thirty year old movie to make it jump at us.

I don't need to see a literally 3D round Dennis Nedry nor Ray Arnold's hand fly through the screen as he flips the switch, lol:

Hold on to your butts - YouTube

I hope it works out and introduces a whole new generation to a great film but consider me very very guarded in any optimism.

:lol

Star Wars IS just patterend after B-Movies and was thought of by the studio as a B-Movie, but isn't.

They were wrong as is Timmy.

Exactly. And this kind of strengthens that side of the argument.

Even when someone tries to make a B-movie, it doesn't always turn out to be a B-movie. Because it doesn't work like that.

As much as it pains me to say it, Jurassic Park has not really aged that well for me.

It mostly has to do with the whole man vs nature bit. I don't buy into the whole "We should never mess with nature!" or "Do we have the right to do this?" stuff that gets brought up time and time again. Everyone treats nature in this film like it's some godly self-aware entity that purposefully selects species to become extinct, and we should not interfere with it's process at all. Really? And as for messing with nature, we mess with nature ALL THE TIME! When someone gets a disease that is fatal unless cured, we don't do nothing and say "Nature is selecting that person to die", we grab a syringe and shout "Get me 10 ccs of cure, STAT!".

And zoos. We already have zoos. MANY ZOOS! Some even with endangered animals in them. And like many zoos, things tend to go wrong. But just because some greedy idiot decides to sabotage the entire park and set all the Dinosaur's loose, the conclusion our characters come to is "We have no right to make a zoo that has dinosaurs in it!". It's like the problem is hunger, and the solution is to drink water.

Now in 3D!

It wasn't originally conceived and intended for a 3D venue. I will not be seeing this in 3D.

I will be happy with the Blu-Rays on my home theater.

I'll be seeing this for Four reasons:-

1. To hear the T-Rex through movie theater speakers
2. New IMAX just opened near me
3. It's Jurassic Park!
4. It's Jurassic Park!!!!!

A friend of mine worked on that trailer...then Universal presented their own to Spielberg (it's believed the studio is trying to align themselves more with Spielberg in the interests of wooing him back to Universal). I'll find out what portions are pieces of his work.

Edit..they didn't use any of his version.

Last edited:
They showed a trailer in front of Skyfall last night.

The picture quality looks amazing. Shadows, highlights, skin textures...incredible.

It's gonna be one heck of a Blu-Ray if nothing else.

I'll be seeing this movie in theatres for one reason and on reason only. I get to see my favourite movie of all time back on the big screen. 3D or not, I just want to feel like I did when I was 7 years old and had dinosaurs running around in front of me.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back