Doctor Who Sontaran Build (New Series Hybrid)

Thank you! It was the 5th or 6th attempt and very rushed as we were less then a week from the con. It was a must have, so flaws and all it had to go because we wanted to get her picture with Dan Starkey. She was the first Sontaran he has met at a con and was so happy. The con guest all stopped autographs and had to get pictures of her with him and some of them with her also. Wish I had my camera ready at that point!!! Was a priceless moment. Now we want to get 3-4 different mask with small differences like in the show, so we can have a small army of Sontarans wearing normal every day clothing (with a few mods for the neck of course).

I'd love to see more Sontarans! Maybe one in a suit like Strax? :D

I'd love to see more Sontarans! Maybe one in a suit like Strax? :D

Already in the works, as you can see some of our friends already make the perfect reason to have that suit when we all meet up again.
1484139_579956888744323_1118839237_n_zps133ee4cd.jpg

Hi there, I'm looking at doing this build for myself and I'm having a little bit of trouble with the shoulders. I think maybe I'm missing a piece? The lip along the bottom of the shoulders has tabs but I can't find any corresponding numbers to glue them to! Any help would be much appreciated as this is my first time using pepakura!

cheers!

Zal.

Last edited by a moderator:
After making a cyberman and vashta nerada have decided to start on a Sontaran build as well. So far have made the pep helmet and shoulders using Movieman's files (thanks). I have also started on the gun using Movieman's file as a foam template (mainly the stock of the gun) with the rest free styling in foam as found the paper files are a bit small in barrel length. Intend to make the Sontaran from the 10th Doctor. Planning on using upholstery foam attached to a lyrca morph suit and 1/3 inch foam sheeting over the top for the chest/leg/arms. Using the technique from stillbeaststudios who created a gorilla type costume using this technique. Hope it works.

IMG_2882.JPGIMG_2893.JPGIMG_2900.JPG

If you ever want to do a commission on the helmet, collar and shoulder pads or want to sell yours, let me know as I am willing to purchase from you :)

Hello - do you know what the dimensions of your Sontar helmet is? is it 18 inches in diameter and 15 inches in height?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back