Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Doesn't seem to say if live action or animated.

Hmmm.. I'd rather an animated in some form or another. The costumes while pretty cool didn't allow very 'ninja like' movement.

The last CG one was good and the old school animated one where they went to all the other Turtle franchises' universes was a fun one.

There's been rumors going around that it will be live action with actors in suits but with CGI faces.

I hope that's not the case or they come up with an ingenious suit that allows more fluid movement. The people in the live action turtle suits just can't move like a ninja should be able to.

I think they moved just fine in the first movie. Hauling that hard shell around is bound to give limitations to movements and such. What they don't have in mobility they make up for in stamina, seeing as a shell can take quite a beating and not hurt them as much. They are just naturally armored.

You wouldn't expect a fully armored samurai to move like a Ninja, would you?

it's just a film it's not real :) so does it really matter ? lol

I'm well up for the film to be live action without cgi faces, the first films suites and anamatronics where the best anyway out of the 3 live films so imagine how much more advanced the tech is now to improve on that without messing it up and looking too silly like pt 3

Maybe we'll finally get Bebop and Rocksteady this time around... none of that Tokka and Rahzar garbage. And how about Dimension X? And the Technodrome? Ohhhh, so much potential for extreme awesomeness...

Yes, I would. Samurai armor is very light compared to western armor. It doesn't restrict articulation and it is flexible.
So, you are saying that someone, even with lightweight, flexible armor will be able to move as freely and agile as someone wearing NO armor? Sorry, don't buy that. They may be faster than Western armored people... but against a Ninja... fully armored... I can't see they'd be as fast. Maybe that's just me.

Maybe we'll finally get Bebop and Rocksteady this time around... none of that Tokka and Rahzar garbage. And how about Dimension X? And the Technodrome? Ohhhh, so much potential for extreme awesomeness...
Silliness you mean? In the same vein as Tokka and Rahzar.

The first movie was good because it didn't include all that strange cartoony stuff. Sure Shredder looked like an 80's rock idol with that outfit and shoulder pads, but they still kept things more in the "real" realm.

As long as its dark like the Eastman and Laird comics and not hokey like the cartoon (I was raised on the cartoon but I like my turtles violent) then I'll be happy.

Wow... my son will be almost 3 years old by then. Talk about a whole new generation experiencing TMNT. I've been a fan since the cartoon debut in 1988 and still have all my action figures and playsets....

I believe a live action movie would be an overall exciting thing to experience again. however I am sure animated will more likely be the case. :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back