Alliance models Buck Rogers Starfighter

Sc0tty

I am thinking of getting this model and it's cockpit upgrade but can someone out there answer a couple of questions first ? The advertised model seems to have the Earth Directorate decals on the side pods but no sign of the rainbow decals for further back. What decals come with the model ? If none, I see that jbot does a 1/35 version. Would these work on this 1/32 scale model.

Also, am I right in saying the cockpit upgrade has no 'glass' to it?

02.jpg

01.jpg

I just dug into my ominously growing Un-Built Kit Stash and excavated my sample of this kit. And found the cockpit upgrade as well, so:

The decals I have with my kit contain the Earth Directorate symbol and the rainbow stripes.

The cockpit upgrade set came with very thin clear plastic and templates to aid in cutting the needed window panes.

I'd not looked in that box for several years, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the kit is. A little weighty, especially at the aft end; that means it's capable both as a display model and can also double as an emergency (thrown) home-defense item. :cool

Thanks Joe. My B5 Starfury has the same back end weighty issues. Though I felt like tossing it many times during the build, way too rare a model.

BTW, is the undercarriage optional ?

Last edited:
I didn't even know this kit existed!
I was going to scratch build one so thanks for saving me the time.
A quick question though, you said it was heavy in the back, so it's a solid cast?
I wanted to light it so do you think that would be an option with moderate skills?

Ditto all of this for the kit I purchased one year ago. Sounds like the kit contents have not changed over the years.

I just dug into my ominously growing Un-Built Kit Stash and excavated my sample of this kit. And found the cockpit upgrade as well, so:

The decals I have with my kit contain the Earth Directorate symbol and the rainbow stripes.

The cockpit upgrade set came with very thin clear plastic and templates to aid in cutting the needed window panes.

I'd not looked in that box for several years, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the kit is. A little weighty, especially at the aft end; that means it's capable both as a display model and can also double as an emergency (thrown) home-defense item. :cool

I didn't even know this kit existed!
I was going to scratch build one so thanks for saving me the time.
A quick question though, you said it was heavy in the back, so it's a solid cast?
I wanted to light it so do you think that would be an option with moderate skills?

You think that's heavy.... You should feel the studio scale kit.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back