New Boushh costume - Finished helmet pics added

Re: New Boushh costume - Helmet Sculpt

Thanks guys, your comments mean a lot.

looking sweet, you should make fiberglass casts as well. I know plenty of people would want

we did consider a roto cast helmet (mainly for ease of building) at first but after really studying the helmet we are confident that the original was vac formed. We are also quietly confident that we have nailed the breakdown of the pieces so there should be very few seams to fill.

This is great work! Amazing attention to detail. I am definitely envious. Subscribed!

Wes

This is great work! Amazing attention to detail. I am definitely envious. Subscribed!

Wes

Same here! :) I am especially jealous about that helmet. Fantastic work! I love it! :love

Are you going to make a run of these? Because I'd be definitely interested in a kit :love

Wow this is truely beautiful. I have a special place in my heart for this suit. First because Starwars came out the year I was born but I love this suit because I worked out how to talk exactly as if I was using Leia's voice changer. Some of my colleagues hate it when I do cause its freaks them out :)

Really looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Very VERY nice!
You've done amazing work (as usual!) on that lid.
The finished costume will be the bench mark that all others will now need to work for! Crom help them! Lol
I would stand by that phone and wait for LF to give you the call up for the new sequels!!! ;)

This is fantastic. I want to build this suit too as it has been a favorite of mine since childhood and I don't have a real costume of my own yet (always building for the kids). Great work. I just wish I could find a pep file of the helmet, I'm having a hard time locating one.

I love the detailed pic that you post. Really shows the amount of work that you have put into the costume! Brilliant work!

I too would be interested in a pep file for the helmet. I am starting my Boushh costume with the helmet, as I can't sew or use scissors. Please PM me with any info..
Thanks

I actually managed to find a pep file for this helmet finally. The first one I made without changing any of the settings was REALLY small, so I have to resize it and print it out again. How can I share the file so others can use it? It's a pdo file.

We've been making progress on our new Clothears Boushh helmet. After having several problems with suppliers we are now almost ready for painting. We have finally received the aluminium stalk greeblies after months of chasing which look fantastic but unfortunately a couple of the other parts from two other suppliers were done to the wrong sizes so we are awaiting these being replaced and then we are ready to paint. Hooray!

Also we finally identified the last greeblie on the helmet (thanks to some help from a friend and the RPF members) and now have the correct model kit to add this part (pic below)

newpart

newpart2

and here are the pics of the helmet so far

Front

Left side

Right side

Top back

Snout

Stalk / rangefinder, we have fitted this with aluminium pipe like the original and hardware to accept the machined aluminium greeblie

side stalk

Stalk inner

Machined aluminium greeblie

Ali stalk

Other stalk greeblies, we have cast these in grey to match the original model parts which were unpainted on the original helmet

Stalk parts

From experience, we know that when cast in resin the piece on the far right always breaks, so this has been cast in pu rubber

Rubber

Well, it's been a long time but here is a fully built and painted helmet (this one is just waiting for it's lining) We are really pleased with the end result.
ClothearsBoushhhelmet.jpg

final1.jpg

final2.jpg

final3.jpg

final4.jpg

final5.jpg

final6.jpg

final7.jpg

final8.jpg

Thanks to RS Propmasters for the vac forming and Fettronics for the lights, great work guys.

Wow absolutely beautiful. I've been starting to research a boushh costume for my wife. I recently joined my local garrison in preparation to submit my 501st application for my vader costume, and my wife has expressed interest in joining along side me. This in an amazing standard you have set!

I had the pleasure of getting one of these helmets from Alison for my wife, and I couldn't be more pleased. The details, weathering and overall workmanship is top notch. The one I bought also has the Fettronics included, and adds on to that Wow factor the helmet has. I highly recommend it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back