THE POLTERGEIST CLOWN - WIP thread - finished head page pg.3

ob1al

Sr Member
Hi guys

I've started work on my 1:1 Poltergeist clown sculpt, with the intention of making a complete clown doll.

It's still in the really rough stages, just getting the shapes figured out, so there's lots of work still to do on this before I mold it and create the final head in slush-cast resin.

Here's the sculpt so far after a few hours work this weekend.

Mock-up using a tea towel as a hat:

431283_3463429661723_1150431296_33646524_1912575873_n.jpg

poltergeist-clown.jpg

Let me know what you think so far.

Cheers,

Al

Last edited:
Re: The Poltergeist clown - a WIP thread - new pics added

Would hate to wake up and see that staring at me at night in a lightning storm even without the paint.

It looks like you would need to squish his chins together a little more and make the chin rounder under his eyes.

It looks like you would need to squish his chins together a little more and make the chin rounder under his eyes.

Do you mean slim the chin area down and add more roundness to his cheeks?

I'll be looking at those things for sure, as I fine-tune the sculpt. I appreciate your thoughts.:thumbsup

Al

The roundness of the chin under his eyes, It might just need to be a little rounder
clownao.jpg

Gotcha - yeah, thanks for that mate.

I've actually made progress in that general direction today:

IMG_1824.jpg

The top of the cheeks need finished off, I will do that when I fine tune the eyes.

Here's a pic of the planet Hollywood clown I've been using for reference:

DSC01048.jpg

Looks really great. My only comment is that you need to make the teeth thinner and add more. I think there are 13-14 bottom teeth.

Even though I hate this clown, I think I would have to buy one when finished!

LOL thanks guys. You can buy one and burn it, it will be like therapy! ;)

Cheers Brad - I will try to replicate the screen used teeth closely when I refine that area.

Al

thats looking really nice Al, will you do the scary version to?

This clown is the entire reason I hate clowns. Saw this movie when I was 8, and to this day, I still hate the clown scene.

-Fred

No plans to do an evil clown Ian, although looking at it, it would be pretty easy to adapt from the "nice clown" (ok, it's never really nice lol) once completed.

Doc, it would be excellent to put one in a nursery - good idea! Maybe I'll donate one to my local nursery, but to be honest they won't be scared - my 3 kids all went there, that'll have hardened them to anything.

Fred - yup it's one scary-ass clown. I didn't like clowns as a kid even before Poltergeist and IT. But making one is quite cathartic, once you start deconstructing something them sculpting and building it, it isn't quite so scary anymore. Does that make sense?

Great job... Can't wait to pick one up and build a clown :)

That's 3 times now...... please explain to me the "kill with fire" joke. I don't know the reference.

Looks great so far. I think the cheeks need to be a bit more boulbus closer to the sides of the nose.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back