Looking for Mass Effect N7 templates

The Ithaca templates are less than amazing, but they seem to be only only widely distributed templates. It's a shame nobody else has made alternatives.

Narayas over at 405th is making some new templates from scratch and they look AMAZING. So far he hasn't released them publicly. I emailed him today, we should pressure him to finally release them. :D

Mass Effect 2 EVA Armor

Check page 2 and 3.

Narayas over at 405th is making some new templates from scratch and they look AMAZING. So far he hasn't released them publicly. I emailed him today, we should pressure him to finally release them. :D

Mass Effect 2 EVA Armor

Check page 2 and 3.

I saw that thread but couldn't find contact info for Narayas (can't PM since registration at the 405th is closed). I'm glad someone else is asking about those templates! I'll be watching closely!

I managed to track down his email via internet sleuthing and some clever google searches. It's crazy the kind of personal information put online! But yeah, in his email he said he is "planning on releasing the patterns presized to conform clothing sizes. For instance, your shirt size would match with the torso size templates."

So that would be awesome when he gets that done.

Narayas_armory_julianbeek_nl.jpg

These are the templates I have made, I tried to come as close as possible to the in-game model of the N7 armour from Mass Effect 2. As my own build progresses, small design flaws appeared, witch need to be taken out.

Flawless sized templates/patterns can be found on my blog, I hope to update it on a regular basis with new sizes and templates. Preparing Earthlings to take back the home-world, in style.

If you have questions or the sudden desire to correspond, you can send them to my account on the RPF forum.

Edit: After consideration, the idea of making conform sizes based upon clothing isn't such a good plan after all. It would only serve a few body types and would make for chunky or tight parts, witch is a waste of good money and resources on your end. That's why people will scale the pattern themselves, making a better fit. My aim is to make it simple and accessible as possible to everyone.

Last edited:
Narayas, great to have you here--welcome to the RPF!

This will be my first foam armor project, which I'm basically doing because my girlfriend is FINALLY interested in making props if I work on something with her. So she'll be doing the fem Shep armor while I do the male. How many foam floor tiles will I need to buy per armor piece? Do you recommend gray color?

Thank you for the warm welcome! This is actually my first 'Official' prop project ever, before this it didn't exceed much more then a paper helmets and pep busts. Foam is by far one of the best materials to work with, that I have come across.

As for the amount of tiles, estimates for my suit came to a total of 16 tiles, including 2 or 3 Oops-I-messed-up-tiles. This all depends on your body build of course, but 16 tiles will be plenty to complete a suit.

As for colour, if you are planning on painting your suit with a custom colour, go for tiles that come as close to that colour as possible. Might you contract bruises in your paint, it will be less noticeable. If you want to go for the original, pick a nice grey, it'll make the black accents of the suit stand out more. Like the pecks and spinal cord.
If you're feeling a little darker, go for black and make the accents shine by coating them with a thin layer of clear epoxy resin. For stripes I plan on using coloured vinyl sheets. Haven't tried that yet, but I'm confident I could work. It's a lot sharper then paint.. witch messed up one of my bicep pieces.

In a week or less I will publish my templates to the masses. This will include a codex with all the information I have accumulated so far, an info-graphic that tells you how to measure parts, and a guide on how to scale the templates. I will try to have it up as soon as possible but life is a busy hobby :p

Be sure to let me know where to find you WIP once you've started, I like watching other peoples work process on Mass Effect armour.

i havent found a set of good ones yet. tried ithica's from 405th. didnt size down well.
ive been bothering someone to make some in pep, so that they are sized easier

Good news everyone! The first templates have been published along with a guide that will tell you how to scale and keep track of your build. You can find them on my blog.

Man those templates are so great Narayas, and your codex is incredibly well written and designed. I'm frustrated this wasn't out or known to me when I started my build like a week ago using Ithica's templates which are decent, but not really that great I'm realizing.

Yeah Peep, I found Narayas's posts over at 405th pretty much the day after I was planning on using the Ithica templates and I'm really glad I didn't get cutting into foam. These are really so much better!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back