Dallas, TX ComiCon, who's going?

GBFreek83

Hey guys, i'm somewhat new here but rather common poster at GBPROPS and PROPTOPIA.

I live in Dallas, TX and was wondering if anybody does and is going to the Comicon on the 28th and 29th of this month.

I was wanting to maybe meet up and just say hello, and more importantly make friends because besides one other guy, I don't know too many propers going.

Anywho, again, i'm frequent at gbprops as Ghostbusters and proptopia as GBFreek83.

Let me know guys, drop me a PM or just post here, THANKS.

Oh, PS, this is the only place I could post this becuase it wouldn't let me post anywhere else, because i'm "new". So if anybody is mad at this posted here, i'm sorry. :(

-Thiago

I had plan to attend, but the list of media guests don't really appeal to me so I'm thinking about sitting this one out.

Unless they add someone I care to see at the last minute, or there's a prop party.

Nick

I was just talking to my wife about it today. I used to go to ALL of the events they had at Plano ... used to be every 3 months or so back in the day. After changes occurred a few years back, I decided to ONLY go to the ones at Plano (ignoring the Richardson conventions). But the last couple of Plano events I've been to have been disappointing as well.

I was never too interested in the media appearances myself. For me, it was more about hanging out with other RPFers. The last couple have hardly had a turn-out from our group, so they weren't much fun. :(

Of course, now I work weekends. So with the turn-outs the way they've been, I probably won't be requesting time-off from work to attend. Hopefully it'll be better than previous years ... I'd like for it to pick back up again. Have fun for us, guys.

ATM
ShackMan

I'm in Arlington. I hadn't planned to go, but if we are pulling together an "RPF meet and greet" then I'll show up. I went to the prop party Estil graciously hosted at the end of last year, and it was great getting to put faces with names.

I'm in Duncanville but I work the day and I have a surprise-costume birthday party for one of my brother-in-laws that night..... but it's in Plano so I might be able to catch a few minutes.

I'm flying in from Michigan to go. :D

Ok.. maybe that is not the main reason.... :lol

But yes, I will be in TX for the Halloween weekend, so I plan to go on Saturday.. :)

If many of you guys want to I can try and rent out a big room at my dad's church for us to have a prop party at. Let me know how many of you would be interested.

Also let me know what dates would be best for you. Maybe the Friday night before? I could do maybe late afternoon to about 11 or so I believe.

Let me know and i'll start putting it together :)

Props, chips, dip, and friends, fun fun fun.

-Thiago

PS If anybody wants to just contact me personally and speak to me about the party, you can call me, my cell is 214-213-0352. Feel free to call for anything :)

Thiago, Katharine and I have that weekend off so we will be able to hang out and I do wish more of the RPF'ers would come out...like Shackman said ...it was a lot of fun back in the day when all the prop people would set up tables and we would have a group of 30 or 40 of us hanging out.

I have to shoot a wedding on sat...but i will be there on sunday...wouldn't miss it...besides...Ron Glass will be there. I am going to be shooting some video for a short called "Fans". You may see me there filming.

I will be working that weekend (every weekend this month as a matter of fact) but may try to swing by late Saturday to say "Hi"-

Doc

For the Firefly/Serenity fans out there, they are having a Serenity screening at the Studio Movie Grill in Plano on Oct 28th at 11pm. It is not set in stone yet, but they hope to have Ron Glass(Shepherd Book) there since he will already be in town for the Plano ComiCon.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow. The ticket sales go to benefit the charity Equality Now.

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/dallas/

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back