Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

That skull is Amazing!! looking really good (y)thumbsup:thumbsup
Now its hard will you sand it to get it smooth? I assume the clay your using goes like hard plastic, so I guess you can carve it, sand it etc??

Thank you very much! I'm so happy to hear that you like it! :)
Yep, the clay goes hard and is pretty much like some kind of plastic, like you said.

Yes, I will sand it (it's easy to sand, not too hard), maybe add some more clay and rebake it. I read somewhere that you can do that.

I'll also carve out some more details and exentuate the once I've already built.

I really admire what you're doing here. An Endoskull can be had pretty easy these days... but not only does your sculpt look fantastic, just doing so and the effort to recreate one is something else :thumbsup

Looking good. Yeah you can add and rebake sculpey. You do need to be careful when sanding though, baked sculpey is pretty strong, but as this is a hollow piece (not sure of the wall thickness), it could collapse if you go at it too hard, especially if there are any flaws where you have added clay, and I'd hate to see that happen. So just go easy when sanding, not too much pressure, if you know what I mean?

Al

What the... !!!! First, you blow my mind with your scratch build endoskelleton ( which is absolutely amazing ) an then......... The skull !!!!
Stop it right now or you will have to build 2 of them... ( i will make room in my living room ).

Very very great job !! Amazing mate.

Thank you very much for all the spurring comments guys! :)

wrcromu, Thanks, I'm actually thinking of making molds for the entire thing once it's finished! Might cast a couple and put them up for sale! ;)

Alaneye, thanks for the tip! I'm really careful and fortunatly I built a rigid frame for the clay with steel wire and tin foil so hopefully it won't budge! :D

I actually sanded most of the face today and it worked great! I think I might be able to get this sucker smooth!

I'll have to get back to you on that one! I have no idea what it would cost in material atm! :) But I'll let you know as soon as I get to that point!

wrcromu, Thanks, I'm actually thinking of making molds for the entire thing once it's finished! Might cast a couple and put them up for sale! ;)

This is a good news !!! My wife will probably kill me but i have enough room in my office to put a thing like this... :rolleyes

wow and WOW! simply amazing work!!! i am dumbfounded at how great this looks being made of cardboard and paper mache'

kudos to you, sir!!

Sanding the skull:
82.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back