Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

Here is an article I thought all us T-fans should read:
3D Microchip Allows Information to Travel in Three Dimensions
3D Microchip Allows Information to Travel in Three Dimensions | SciTech Daily

If Cyberdyne is the father of Skynet, this little puppy is the egg! :love
3D_chip_cooling.preview.jpg

Look familiar?!? :)

Well, it will be a race to see if we can wipe ourselves out "naturally" before we create the machines that will do it for us!

SkyNet is already in place: visit Robot App Store | Cloud robotics | Connect your robots to Internet | MyRobots. From their wiki: "MyRobots.com aims to connect all robots and intelligent devices to the Internet."

All i can say is fan#$%&€℅ing tastico! Ive tackled long term projects (mostly machining, mold making, and metal casting) but this is bitchin. I love it! Someday ill have the time to do some great art like this....that is on my own terms and not because i need the almighty $ truley awesome congratz and the utmost respect for your tenacity :)

I've never done any mold making or casting of the kind that you'll be doing, but I've read some threads on here where people have done it. Since you haven't mentioned it, and you're getting pretty detailed in the "cavity" areas like the eyes, the side plates, etc., I wondered if you've thought about having to fill the deeply undercut areas to prevent your model from getting locked in the mold?

Indiefilmgeek's steampunk Iron Man helmet thread describes the molding and casting process and might be helpful if you're doing that kind of mold.

So, guess who FINALY got admitted to endobuilders.com?!? ME!!! :) I have already seen some of your work there, chanfan! I am looking forward to working with you over there.

They make you fight for it. :) I had to finally contact the administrator personally, several times. From start to finish, I waited 7 weeks to be approved. But it was worth it... a treasure trove of knowledge awaits the weary warrior who passes thrue the gate.

Hey guys, I'm still alive! Although I have not had any time to work on my build for quite a while.
First off, I've moved to a bigger apartment, secondly I have become a father, and that obviously takes up a lot of my time! ;)

I promise, this build will go on, but veeeeery slow! :p

Stellar work so far, chanfan. I'm looking forward to seeing your work as it progresses. I've been wondering to myself for the last few weeks how I could feasibly build a terminator skull and then I stumbled upon this thread yesterday and have to say your approach was pretty solid (or, I suppose malleable...since you used clay).

Congratulations on achieving fatherhood. If you program it to, maybe your T-800 could be your child's protector...or at least you could integrate a baby monitor somewhere in the skeleton frame?

Congrats on the new baby and apartment! I look forward to seeing this endo complete. You are a prime example of what we are all about here. Having such passion for the choosen project and makin it come to life right before your eyes;-)

Hi again guys!
I've begun to pick up where I left off!
I have been sharpening some of the details on my skull and getting it ready for molding.
I'm going to prime it one last time and do some fine sanding and then the plan is the get molding this weekend!

Here are some shots of it's current state!

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

179.jpg

If anyone has got some tips on how to mold this guy, all input is welcome!

I'd probably do a two part mould divided along the sides and top, keeping the mould line on the nice smooth areas where it can easily be cleaned up.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back