Hammer Studios looking for lost footage.

The new Hammer is a reorganization of the old studio under new owners. Their first release was an internet distributed rave horror movie a few years back. Their next effort was a direct to video release called The Resident that was critically panned. Their newest effort is the Daniel Radcliffe film, The Woman in Black.

Perhaps the best thing about new Hammer is the distribution of old movies in HD.

I enjoyed Woman in Black. As a bit of a throwback, it perhaps is a sign of better things to come. They've mentioned plans to do another Dracula.

So far, the Blu Rays of the restored classics are Region 2 only, so I'm hoping for some U.S. Releases.

I enjoyed Woman in Black. As a bit of a throwback, it perhaps is a sign of better things to come. They've mentioned plans to do another Dracula.
They should do it before Christopher Lee gets too old. I could definitely see him still in that role... even now. :thumbsup

Lee turns 90 this year, so his day has passed. But, he was the best.

Yup - and Cushing was the best Van Helsing too.

Other notable pre-Copolla Dracula's for me are Jack Palance (I loved that version as a kid) and of course, Bela Lugosi. But Lee WAS Dracula to me as a kid. Hammer screwed the character up after the first few movies, once we get into 'AD1972' (although a guilty pleasure of mine) and 'The Satanic Rites', with Bond villain/Businessman Dracula, it's so far away from what the character should be it's ridiculous. Lee and Cushing always played their parts with presence and dignity though, despite the substandard nature of the material.

This is probably a dumb question, but have they released all of their films on DVD or is there a way to watch them on the internet ? I've been trying to find a few and i have had no luck.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back