An alternative order for viewing the Star Wars OT and prequels

Oh man, in addition to losing midi-chlorians, skipping TPM gets rid of that stupid Sith rule of two. Seriously, this order is full of win.

I posted this on another forum a couple weeks ago and got mostly positive feedback! Like a couple guys here, I used to be a hardcore SW fan but my interest dwindled more and more with each prequel, until finally I hardly considered myself a fan at all anymore!

That's why I was fortunate enough to find this so-called 'Machete Order'. It actually got me excited about Star Wars for the first time in a few years!
* It ignores Episode 1, which was my least favorite (and the guy has a point- it literally brings NOTHING to the series. Nothing but trouble, lol) .
* It makes II & III more relevant, because we've just found out about Vader and we're more interested in just what the hell happened to make a guy turn into 'that'.
* It makes total sense to have a big gap between V & VI- V ended with a hell of a cliffhanger, and not finding out how they resolve everything REALLY ups the stakes when you finally get to VI!
* This guy is so on the ball-- when we get to VI, the first time we see Luke, he's already much more like Vader than the Luke we had known-- I never even put my finger on that before-- this order literally makes ROTJ a BETTER movie! And the perfect ending the the series as a whole

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back