G.I.Joe Storm Shadow costume

Shipwreck

Greetings!
Allow me to intoduce myself.. I am Mike, Better known to many as Shipwreck. I've always been a fan of G.I.Joe. And Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow being formost interesting to me.I had put effort into a costume before. But the backpack to me was always too clunky, So I'm setting out to put together a nicer SS costume this time. To replace the first one I did. I was not part of the forum at the time of my starting the second project. I've looked on here at other Joe builds, and I really like what I've seen, since I've been on here. I figured now it was time to share some of my own work!

Enjoy!

SSGear1.jpg

Some of the parts of the design idea. Tabi boots , socks, wraps etc.
SSShirt.jpg

The tunic top, I had taken my uniform , cut the sleeves, and remade the sleeveless look.. this was a nightmare! only after I did this did I realize.. look online to see if I could find one.. `eh.. I did.. bah!
SSGEar2.jpg

Originally I went on to make my own backpack out of a set sized box that I had covered over. painted and added arrows to.

StormShadow.jpg

what was to eventually be that finished project.. But the back pack was too clunky.. I decided.. it was time to remake things.
Back Pack number two was ok... but still not what I was having in mind..
DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0269.jpg

DSCF0270.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

The new BackPack WiP
DSCF6902.jpg

DSCF6903.jpg

Still working to add a few more things to it, new baldric and I could use a hand in finding someone that could make the belt buckle .. If anyone can help.. Please let me know thank you!

PIcture updates soon. Whole costume is being revampped too.. even have new Boots that will be much better on the feet! feedback welcome!

Backpack is looking good. What did you use? I like the pattern on the box and how it opens.

The problem with the buckle is that the tines are backwards in the cartoon. If you find out how to make the buckle work backwards please post a how to.

Bonded Hawk

Backpack is looking good. What did you use? I like the pattern on the box and how it opens.

The problem with the buckle is that the tines are backwards in the cartoon. If you find out how to make the buckle work backwards please post a how to.

Bonded Hawk
Hm yeah, they were backward in the original toon. I'm not making this identical to the cartoon. Do you recall the Palicades bust? The buckle on that is what I'm trying to have made. Though the name of the buckle it is a Cart style buckle. A number of times in the cartoon. Stormy didn' always have the backpack, just the bandolier.

The pack is made of 3/4inch plywood, sanded, glued and nailed. then I had gone looking in a fabric or upholstry shop for some kind of a pattern base. I had found this upholstry, but it was brown.. I'd taken it anyway.. was expensive per yard too.. but non-the less picked a yard of it up. Then measured, and cut the box of materials I needed. After ward I had fabric painting to do.. thus I went to work. this was the result. The swords are perminantly afixed to the back of the pack, and held by 4 bolts from inside to outside the pack.

any other questions? Feel free to ask! When I get the buckle made and the belt on it, finally fixed where I need it. I will be finishing this project, then we`ll be headed for Joecon 2012!

COBRA!

I cant wait to see the finished costume.

I used some alumimum I had at the house and a dremmel to make my buckle. I never could find a vendor making them.

I looked at the underarmor hoods but ended up scratch making instead. Did you remove the underarmor logo, and if so how?

BH

I cant wait to see the finished costume.

I used some alumimum I had at the house and a dremmel to make my buckle. I never could find a vendor making them.

I looked at the underarmor hoods but ended up scratch making instead. Did you remove the underarmor logo, and if so how?

BH
The wonderful thing about Underarmor, a lot of their material is reversible, which is what I did. turned my hood inside out. Now I had taken a few ideas, since the tampo is baked on.. heat it up in a microwave for a bit.. then lightly peel the emblem off, like I did.

wauw looks great, i am now working on a cobra commander costume
I`m getting my costume ready for JoeCon 2012 in New Orleans. What Commander are you working on? Would love to see if you have a thread or so in your files?

Looks great.
Thank you!

Diggin' the costume, looks spot on for the old school Storm Shadow. I love GI-Joe, but I'm especially partial to Cobra

OK.. I`ve received the belt I ordered.. But I may be sending it back for a revision. rather having another foot added onto it.

What do you guys think?

DSCF6922.jpg

DSCF6921.jpg

DSCF6924.jpg

Still tinkering with the belts.. so that`s the main issue here. I changed out the arm wraps too, found something much better. but the way the backpack sits on me here.. I can get to my swords with ease.

Not bad. The buckle and whole costume came out great. What did you use for the arm wraps. I use the white ace medical wraps (the type you dont need to use tape with).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back