Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Re: Space 1999 50 1/2" Eagle Transporter Scratch Build (PIC HEAVY!)

I do love that whole coffee table thing....do you think the wife would let me bank up 200 weight of cement around it to give that authentic moon dust feel?

Wow, we're really getting off-track here!
Go build, Atlanthia: build like the wind!!:lol

I love the Eagle. I will be watching this thread.

I started building the big one and it got put on the back burner because of a new project.

There is some nice feelings of having the biggest Eagle in your possession. Good luck with your build and keep us informed.

TazMan2000

The more I think about it, the more I think I may join you in this build...:cool

That's what I want to hear!!! Go get your cutting mat and ruler! :)

Well, the more I thought about it, the more I realized the Eagle nose cone would be a great "dress rehearsal" for the SHADO interceptor I posted: that thing is a curved-surface nightmare (at least it appears to be)!
Only problem is, I can't get that viewer to work on my computer, so I may have to use the diagrams I have already, unfortunately.

I am certain you will find a way around the issues...so get building! :lol

I've been researching today. loads of measurements etc. I have also been formulating how I am going to make the rocket bells accurately out of card. I think I am nearly there...

thats a great start,ive always loved the eagle since i was a kid.that is a very clever way of building the nose cone ,i would never of thought of doing it that way.
i m sure your already know about the eagle forum?.if not heres the link Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum - Powered by vBulletin
lol just seen your a member and posted a thread about your build:facepalm
mado

Thus far, it's looking like mine will be 39 inches...

Bob, five more inches aren't going to bust anyone's b*lls...make it a studio scale 44 inch.... Do as you're told for once in your life, you naughty boy!!! :lol

I'm sure that if I were inclined towards mathematics, I could probably go on about how an extra 5 inches would increase the surface area by 21% , or some such. I've already given some thought as to how I'll approach the tanks in the back (the ones attached to the thrusters)...but maybe, just maybe...I'll reconsider the size!:confused
Besides, you scaled yours according to the metric system: you're probably trying to handicap my efforts on purpose, like a race driver letting air out of a competitor's tires at the starting gate!:lol

:lol :lol :lol

But I scaled mine UP not down!!!

It is really weird but, at 44inches, the conversion rates of the measurements between metric and imperial are absolutely awful!!!! At 52.25 inches, it all falls beautifully into place. Every measurement is to a full cm or exactly to a half cm. mathematics was never my top subject, either!!! :$

Re: Space 1999 52" Eagle Transporter Scratch Build (PIC HEAVY!)

Back in the 70's when I was first building stuff, I always used the metric system for my models. It could convert so easily into any scale, and the math could be done in an instant in your head. Coming from a carpentry-related family, it was always 7/16th's this, and 19/32nd's that..it drove me crazy.
Also, here in the states at that time, the schools seemed to push the idea that we were going to be converting to metric in the future. Yeah...that happened.
I'll do some re-computing here and see what I come up with.

In all seriousness, you do it the size that feels right for you, mate :)

Just get it started!!! :lol

Awesome work on this so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how the papier mache works over this.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back