Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Re: Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club UPDATE 03 January (PIC HEAVY!)

Welcome and make yourself at home!!!! :)

I faced the same issue on my spine, but not for moulding reasons. I just found it easier to build the spine sides first and then add the cross pieces later.

E2.jpg

E1.jpg

Last edited:

F3nri5 asked me if I could post a few pics, expaining a little about how I made the figures for LMFAOSchwarz's eagle build, so here is a mega quick breakdown on one of the figures, with a few pics for illustration purposes.

I started with this basic World War 2 soldier (Sorry about the pic quality):
LMAOpic1-1.jpg

After assembly, it was just a case of using a craft knife and sandpaper to remove all the collars, belts, breast pockets etc details, so that the figure was nice and smooth.
I then started to sculpt new details onto the figure, such as the new jacket and covering the gaiters with trouser extensions. These are then tidied up and, when dry are sanded to blend them into the figure.
LMFAOfigures10.jpg

LMFAOfigures12.jpg

Lastly, the helmet is glued on and carved/sanded down to match the rest of the head.

When I am happy that the figure is where I want it, I will spray a coat of plastic primer and then spray a coat of white primer before finally hand painting to add the details etc...here is the finished figure
LMFAOfigures17.jpg

LMFAOfigures18.jpg

And here are two final pictures of the five figures together. My favourite is the security guard. I loved making his stun gun and commlock. :)

FiveFigures.jpg

FiveFigures2.jpg

I hope that was of some interest to you, F3nri5 - or anyone else for that matter! :)

Those figures are lively and vivid. I found Morgan of Chuck..No?
Such a great structure.

This model should go to the museum.

Please forgive me, Katsu San....my brain is foggy after a long day :facepalm

Last edited:

Darren the spine sides look great! Man why didn't I think of doing it that way, well possibly on the second set I will do it like that.

Cheers Ray!
The work you have done on the spine looks fantastic! so clean and at that scale, it's no mean feat!

I managed to make a little progress on kitting out the forward walkway. Rope coils, pick axes and grappling hooks, as well as a tiny fire extinguisher which I still need to paint up and glue to the side of the alcove. I also made the little orange box thing with the handle o it but that and the fire extinguisher, along with some other stuff will go in the opposite alcove.

This pic was my guide:
Untitled1.jpg

And my attempt at recreating it:
WalkwayDecs1.jpg

WalkwayDecs4.jpg

Walkwaydecs3.jpg

WalkwayDecs2.jpg

Hope you like it guys! :)

Now that's bloody clever stuff! :thumbsup

Will you also be doing the armoury by the passanger pod doors?

Printers again this week for me. I tweaked the CM formers.pdf having realised I had them scaled as the 43.25" version. :confused

Nice spine Ray :)

3n

Thanks Darren the amount of detailing you guys are doing is Nuts! in a good way. I did a quick brush on mold of the Command module pattern so it can set up while I work on the spine tonight and then in the morning I'll cast some shells to start cutting out the window sections.

Now that's bloody clever stuff! :thumbsup

Will you also be doing the armoury by the passanger pod doors?3n

I will indeed, Mate. As soon as is possible. I know it looks a bit "ar5e about face" but because it will be a cutaway model, I need to complete the interior of each section before I can seal it in. I am soooo looking forward to making all those 70's cool boxes! :lol

Thanks Darren the amount of detailing you guys are doing is Nuts! in a good way. I did a quick brush on mold of the Command module pattern so it can set up while I work on the spine tonight and then in the morning I'll cast some shells to start cutting out the window sections.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :love

I can't wait to see this little mucker when it pops out!

WHOOO HOO Major updateage.

Darren your design change was like you said to allow the function to meet the aesthetic and it works good and looks good.

Everyone else, jest give me a bit to learn all the new names.

Now all we need is a "Lifesize Eagle" to join the Lifesize Millennium Falcon.

This is humbling...I'm falling too far behind!! :cry

On the other hand, my new 'crew' courtesy of Darren is a great motivator for me! :)

falling behind = The long view.

I'm way behind you mate. There is a lot to be said for <thinking time> it has it's place. I must have drawn and redrawn the eagle and parts in sketchup more times than is possibly healthy. But I hope it eases the eventual build.

Currently, breakfast cereals, are losing their outer vestments. In a very mysterious way!

3n

Okay one step forward one step backwards my mold was a bust trying to be slick to speed things up I added to much thickening agent to the silicone and it didnt cure it stayed tacky filed in the trash:angry so I said let me see if I can do a Ultracal quick and dirty mold it worked but was a mother to get out it cracked in half but I glued it in half and pulled a resin shell of the Command module its a diamond in the rough needs to be sanded and a second one pulled. On the other hand the Spine is moving along I have the top section attached just need to add the side bars and its done.
IMG_20130106_112704.jpg

IMG_20130106_025934_zpscb1e17eb.jpg

IMG_20130106_025901_zps5aa0e76e.jpg

IMG_20130106_025845.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back