Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Re: Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club DOUBLE UPDATE 14/03 (PIC HEAVY!)

:lol
I can't walk past a dog turd these days without asking myself what I could make out of it....:lol

So are you going to make all six doors before moving on the the next stage, or just the one for now? How do you think you will play it?

Not sure yet. I've got the other doors drawn up and ready to cut, but besides my index fingertip's painful gash, my fingers have taken quite a beating the last few days. Dismantling an old piece of furniture just today did a number on them also. So it seems that whatever I grasp, there is pain associated with it! So, I'll either get brave and do them, or wait it out a few days and work on other parts in the meantime. We shall see!:confused

(It's not that I'm whiny or a weakling or anything, lol, but the problem is that when I'm slicing into the materials, I'd rather be concentrating on the cut I'm making, and not on the way I'm holding the blade to lessen the pain. If I'm holding it in an awkward position for me, it may show up in the results! I'd hate to make a cut, then have to re-do it because it came out wrong!)

Last edited:

Fair point. Maybe take a few days and let it heal up a little...:)

Trouble is, by then you'll be so far ahead of me that I'll never catch up!! Our progress ratio at this point attests to that! :lol

Just a small update before the weekend.... I spent this morning building a few instrument panels for the pilot side of the Eagle Cockpit. The size is ridiculously small for this level of detail but I am, nevertheless happy with the result. Every single button has been added, as per the TV show and is screen accurate. I will hopefully finish this side tonight and then hold it there probably until Monday at the earliest. Anyway, here are a couple of pics to show you the progress. Sorry about the thumb, but it does give a good indication of scale.
GEDC0869.jpg

GEDC0864.jpg

GEDC0867.jpg

GEDC0860.jpg

Thanks for looking in and have a great weekend, everyone!!!!

Last edited:

Hmmm need better photos there, I think

Last edited:

:thumbsup Well....I see the bar got raised a little higher than the last time I was here! That's really great! It "feels" so right, probably 'cause of your meticulous attention to details!
Now I can only wonder how I'll make out at an even smaller scale!:eek
(maybe if Atlanthia is away for the weekend, this might be my chance to catch up!)
Seriously, that's some fine work, there! :cheers

Thanks, Bob, but I think these shots are too close. It looks a lot better from a bit further away. Each of those panels will sit on a British penny, without overhanging the edge. The details are a little "shaky" up close like that, so I will post different pics, I think...

I have a British penny in my collection, so I can use it for first-hand comparison!:)
I thought you went away for the weekend?

Re: Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club UPDATE 15/03 (PIC HEAVY!)

Well, some good news: I figured out what I'm going to make the big yellow wall panels out of. I'm drawing up the proportions for my back wall parts (the part you've completed. This is one bizarre cockpit, I must say! And I thought the angles on the Enterprise bridge work stations were tricky!:eek

I didn't know that you built the Enterprise bridge.........got any pics?

Not really. I can take some, if you like. It was built for a video I made, and had an element of parody to it, so I built it from memory, without plans, so as to highlight the "parody" aspect, knowing I would get some things wrong!
And, yes, I found many of the intersecting angles very bedeviling, indeed!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back