Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Re: Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club UPDATE 09/03 (PIC HEAVY!)

Thanks, 8 perf! That will be most helpful with the very thing I've been trying to decipher: mainly, all the weird thingies underneath the framework!

Your Eagle is looking most awesome, too! Great to see the "competition" here! As I believe Atlanthia said, let's make this a thread for the Ages!:)

@Enan, I think that Underdog meant to say "when ONE does research"
But he is right in what he says. This 5h1t really should be sorted out - more so today than ever before. Audiences are so much more educated now that they were 40 years ago when S99 was made. But that is still no excuse in my eyes. What ever happened to professional pride??? Interior and exterior sets should MATCH!!! These guys earn hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Would you pay an architect to design a house where the interior was too big to fit the exterior??? I think not.....Come on guys, get it together!!! We ain't stoopid!

LOL! I haven't done any research on this model for a looong time, so I was really glad to amke sure that we were all headed in the right direction, even though at one point I was totally asleep. BTW Thanks for inviting me to be a part of this. If there's anything that I can do to help move things along, please let me know. Thanks again.

@Enan, I think that Underdog meant to say "when ONE does research"
But he is right in what he says. This 5h1t really should be sorted out - more so today than ever before. Audiences are so much more educated now that they were 40 years ago when S99 was made. But that is still no excuse in my eyes. What ever happened to professional pride??? Interior and exterior sets should MATCH!!! These guys earn hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Would you pay an architect to design a house where the interior was too big to fit the exterior??? I think not.....Come on guys, get it together!!! We ain't stoopid!

What ever happened to professional pride??? Interior and exterior sets should MATCH!!! These guys earn hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Would you pay an architect to design a house where the interior was too big to fit the exterior??? I think not.....Come on guys, get it together!!! We ain't stoopid!

Well, that is a good point. Such as when they say the lower window channels on the nose cone were a mis-read of the original blueprints, I guess one has to be thankful it was just a prop from a TV show the builder was working on. Can you imagine the cost of something like that error on a real aircraft?!:eek

OMG! I give up, you are so far above me, I don't even feel worthy to make the attempt. Shagrin:(

Well, that is a good point. Such as when they say the lower window channels on the nose cone were a mis-read of the original blueprints, I guess one has to be thankful it was just a prop from a TV show the builder was working on. Can you imagine the cost of something like that error on a real aircraft?!:eek

Well here is a VERY small update. This is all I achieved today.....although, this took four and a half hours and I am proud as HECK!
GEDC0856.jpg

Last edited:

Huh? I'm just a regular dope building a model, hopefully a decent one. But it's a lot like ironing clothes: things pop into my head as I go along. Whether any of that is worth hearing. I've made mistakes on projects and was just glad it wasn't anything important! I was just expounding on that notion.:confused

I totally hear ya. Making mistakes and learning new methods and trying new things and expanding your horizons is all part of the craft. You're doing a damned fine job and you guys are my inspiration!

Huh? I'm just a regular dope building a model, hopefully a decent one. But it's a lot like ironing clothes: things pop into my head as I go along. Whether any of that is worth hearing. I've made mistakes on projects and was just glad it wasn't anything important! I was just expounding on that notion.:confused

Ayup! Every single piece was individually drawn, cut, sculpted and glued into position. .....Cool, huh? :cool
Here's a comparison:
GEDC0856.jpg

294e25e9.jpg

Last edited:

Very good! What are you going to paint it with? Are you going for the shiny tile effect, as well?

Medical update:
I just drew my first blood on this build. I was holding the blade, pushing down and thinking the blade was mighty dull: lo and behold, I had the blade edge facing up into my index finger while I pushed down. :cry

You NOB! :lol
I was thinking of covering each tile with clingfilm...but THAT would REALLY have taken until the end of my life.....I will paint it all with two coats of white primer and then, after a quick sanding, I will paint the colours in acrylic paints.

What....you mean it isn't worth it to you to spend the rest of your life on this??:confused

Isn't that the paint technique you used for the push-buttons on your Enterprise bridge?

Good morning, gentlemen.

Now I know your secret: no sleep !!! I´m going try this myzzzzzzzz...

Make sure you all send me a PM and, or e-mail. I can see the writing on the wall, but that;s cool too. Anyway, still want to work on this. Take care and keep on Trekkin. Can I do the rolling laughter?

:lol :lol :lol

PM sent!

Make sure you all send me a PM and, or e-mail. I can see the writing on the wall, but that;s cool too. Anyway, still want to work on this. Take care and keep on Trekkin. Can I do the rolling laughter?

What writing on the wall?
I don't understand your comment Bro'

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back