Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider costume WIP

Web_Slinger

Hi guys i thought i would share my first costume build with everyone, ever since i first saw the scarlet spider suit i loved it so i decided to build one for myself.

As it's still a work in progress i would like some constructive criticism :lol

now i know i might of done this wrong but with the lycra suit it didn't feel right walking around without shoes on and i have seen spiderman suits build by people who put the soles of shoes on the bottoms and i ended up using some aqua shoes and some shoe goo to get the sole of the shoe onto the lycra.

DSCN0187.jpg

it turned out messy but as it's clear goo it's not that bad....right ? :lol

DSCN0192.jpg

I did have the chance to get the logo on the hoodie done by a t shirt printing company but to me the logo has always been something that needed to look like it was made at home and not in a factory so i went with the template spray paint method, it went bad i know but i'm gonna get fabric paint and make the logo look a little crisper so fingers crossed it'll turn out fine.

The one thing i am waiting for is the eye lenses, i did think about making them myself but i ended up seeking the help of someone who has been making costumes for ages and my eye lenses should be here within a couple of weeks.

Likeing it so far. Reily was all ways a favorite of mine. I also like your idea with emblem. Maybe you can color the soles of the feet red so it blends in better,just a thought.

i have thought about making some shoe covers for the bottoms as i have alot of spare lycra so i might give it a try once i've finished everything else. :)

i like how you have soles on the suit. I'm starting my own scarlet spider movie replica suit and saw someone else with soles on the bottom and was trying to figure out how to do that. also i like the way your stencil came out, i plan on doing the same and spray painting the stencil myself. i just need to decide if I'm going to use the regular spider symbol or design my own. what are you doing for the ankle bags and web shooters?

i like how you have soles on the suit. I'm starting my own scarlet spider movie replica suit and saw someone else with soles on the bottom and was trying to figure out how to do that. also i like the way your stencil came out, i plan on doing the same and spray painting the stencil myself. i just need to decide if I'm going to use the regular spider symbol or design my own. what are you doing for the ankle bags and web shooters?

The web shooters are being made for me by an awesome guy at 4th wall design he's also making my eye lenses for me, the ankle bags i have had the idea of taking normal cigarette packs and just covering them in leatherette they are a perfect size for the ankle bags.

I have thought about turning the whole suit from a one piece to a three piece suit so the legs chest and head would be separate easy for storing plus easy to put on and take off, right now im waiting for the eye lenses web shooters and face shell to arrive which should be here in the next few weeks *fingers crossed* the belt how ever im looking at a shotgun ammo belt as it's exactly like Ben's belt in the comics, the buckle im toying with making it myself or getting the help from 4th wall and seeing if he can give me a hand at showing me how to make the buckle from scratch.

Last edited:
Little update, the webshooters im having made by the guy over at 4th wall showed me a wip pic so i wanted to share with you guys.

image1jix.jpg

those web shooters look great! the shotgun shell belt will work great. i was considering getting one but i needed something cheaper so i ordered a regular leather bullet belt. I found a belt buckle on ebay with a red spider that I'm using as well
imgres
I'm considering cutting the spider out of fabric and sewing it onto the chest. i figure having it hand sewn gives it a little more Home made look.

those web shooters look great! the shotgun shell belt will work great. i was considering getting one but i needed something cheaper so i ordered a regular leather bullet belt. I found a belt buckle on ebay with a red spider that I'm using as well
imgres
I'm considering cutting the spider out of fabric and sewing it onto the chest. i figure having it hand sewn gives it a little more Home made look.

the only problem with hand sewn logos is they can look either really cool or really tacky the ends can fray off sooner then expected or the stitching can come away from the logo and hoodie.

I should have an update on the eye lenses either tonight or tomorrow.

Ok another update, the guy who is making the eye lenses got a little busy with real life stuff and said he should have the lenses finished by tonight, just for a teaser i thought i'd show the eye lenses i drew up on photoshop which are the ones he's making for me.

eyelense.png

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back