How would you end "House"?

I thought it was a good ending. It wasn't great, but it was satisfactory. It was a happy ending - and, unlike other series finales (Lost), it didn't leave me angry.

I was reading some news site this morning and there was a big arguement in the discussion section about whether or not he actualy died in the fire. I didn't see it that way when I was watching last night, but they made some interesting points about House's mannerisms and physical state on the steps (Lack of a cane, too clean for someone in a catastrpohic expolsion). There was a small group of people who seemed confident that he was dead and that the ride into the sunset was Wilson's imagination.

I didnt' see it that way, but it is an interesting way to look at the finale.

I didn't start watching until about mid way through season three after I'd had a major surgery and was immobilized for several weeks and caught several marathons, since then I've been a regular viewer, I really enjoyed that show and was glad to see it get a nice final few episodes. The whole Wilson portion of the last few episodes was so sad, I'm glad it had an emotionally challenging conclusion.

I can see that arguement, When would House have been able to switch the Dental records? in fact, where would he have gotten the records for the Patient? it's not like they had to take images during treatment.

And where would he have cleaned up? I guess he COULD have used the hospital and put on a spare set of clothes from the locker room, but could he have done that without being seen?

It is making me think....

The show had been awful for a few years, but I thought it got better in the second half of this season. I liked the finale.

I was reading some news site this morning and there was a big arguement in the discussion section about whether or not he actualy died in the fire. I didn't see it that way when I was watching last night, but they made some interesting points about House's mannerisms and physical state on the steps (Lack of a cane, too clean for someone in a catastrpohic expolsion). There was a small group of people who seemed confident that he was dead and that the ride into the sunset was Wilson's imagination.

I didnt' see it that way, but it is an interesting way to look at the finale.
That's an interesting notion. If that was how it was intended, I would think the "ride into the sunset" happened after Wilson died rather than only happening in his imagination; i.e., they were friends in life, and remained so in the afterlife. But if that had been the case, I would think Wilson would have given House some static about it, something to the effect of, "See, I told you death wasn't the end."

But seriously, did anyone fall for that ending? Regardless of the weak explanation for House's survival, I knew they hadn't killed him off. To be honest though, I think I would have liked the episode better if they had; it would have been gutsier, especially since his death wouldn't have been related to any of his previous behavior. Overall it wasn't one of their better episodes, but it wasn't a bad way to end the series.

House's old college buddy/colleague/relative shows up, played by Stephen Fry. Through things that the buddy inadvertedly says, and some detective work (partly because they are curious and partly because they want to get dirt on House), the team discovers that House's license to practice medicine is a fake/has been revoked/or similar.

House is outed and forced to leave the hospital. "I got the idea from The Usual Suspects" he says in an English accent, and hands the cane to someone. Then he walks away, without a limp.

Last edited:
My possibles:

He gets a puppy with a bad leg. He looks directly into the camera and says "I quit. It's just you and me now little guy." Roll credits.

Sam and Dean hunt and kill him in one of the last Supernaturals. It turns out he was a German demon that caused complex wasting and neurologic diseases resembling lupus.

He boards Oceanic flight 815 and sits down next to Locke.

Doc

Last edited:
Get's killed by Stephen Fry, that would make my month. Or maybe Stephen Fry turning up in a sort of role like he had in Bones, where he tries to make House more normal.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back