How would you end "House"?

Hard to say House is good but if it is the last episode what about a two part episode something big. Maybe a kind of going away scenario that involves House giving up medicine. House could end if he just realizes being a doctor makes him miserable. maybe the problem with house isn't he's good but that he is useful if you take away his unique intelligence then he is just a doctor. If he were to suddenly like every doctor then that would be the thing to make him give medicine up. Maybe it ends with him tired of "playing god" and just begin to play in essence enjoy things more. His joy would be to know if his intelligence were to be cut smaller and he were less of a doctor he would hate medicine. seeing the way he manipulates others could give him perspective to what he has been blind to that he uses intelligence to make himself feel better about himself being crippled. If he loses that then it is the final straw to make him go on to other things. The happy/sad ending is that House is out of medicine the happy is he is out of medicine the very thing that was making him feel better was in essence a anesthesia for his own personal woews ( infernaties of his leg and his own personal hang ups). By removing him from the source of his"crutch" medicine he becomes less defined by ability more by character. then he realizes his what he missed out on the people he was treating. A little sappy I know but a scene in a park with Wilson pretending to lose to House and a parting shot of house saying" Comon I'm not you" in a slow pan away could be kinda cool. Well that is the best I got.

Personally, I think he should finally decide to have his leg amputated so he no longer has the constant pain. It would show that he's finally letting go and moving on with his life.

Of course, the show runners seem to always press the idea that nobody ever really changes, so I doubt this will happen...

^This.

How about House OD's and everyone shows up to his funeral. Lots of cured patients, masses of people flocking to the grave site. Camera pans back on hundreds of hundreds of people dressed in black.

How about adding to this, at the very end, House wakes up, sees he's in the coffin, rolls his eyes and says "Idiots".

I actually like this idea. Bring back a lot of people he cured, people whose lives he changed, who come back to convince him life is still worth living. Now it's time for them to fix him.

Something involving an autistic kid and a Snowglobe.

I'm glad they're ending it, this "People don't change" crap has really gotten bad, as in I would fire whoever wrote the recent episode with the girl living on the streets, because mommy was an addict, and the episode screamed the message that you can't change, EVER. Bull**** my Mother and Father were addicts, both of them overcame their addictions. People change all the time, it's whether the change is a positive, or a negative that's important.

My Ending, House and his Mail Order Bride fall in love, and he decides to say F-it, and go with it.

He screws up badly on a case, gets fired and is replaced by a doctor named "Apartment" or "Condo".

1. OD
2. Wakes up and Blackadder is abusing him.
3. A patient is brought in who complains about waking up in an alley with chest pains. While House is examining him, an alien bursts out of the patients chest and scurries away.

Everyone meets up in a church, House realizes he's been dead for the past season, fade to white, audience reacts "WTF?", DAH ENDZ

Or I suppose we could work with this.

101-dalmatians.jpg

Personally, I think he should finally decide to have his leg amputated so he no longer has the constant pain. It would show that he's finally letting go and moving on with his life.

Of course, the show runners seem to always press the idea that nobody ever really changes, so I doubt this will happen...

I agree with this, too.

It's completely out of left field, but I would like a happy ending for the show and though that sounds tragic, it's still a good thing. And who out of everyone on the show and audience would expect House of all people to make a change that drastic and that would drastically influence who he is?

I feel like whatsherface ( his wife ) is going to be there, and I hope she is. I feel like the past couple episodes the creators have made her a very likeable character as if intended for the audience to want her to stay ( contrary to the fact that I can't remember her name ).

I think it's unfortunate because I love the show and have watched it all the way through, but they really have done everything and I feel like the audience is going to blame them for taking an easy/too obvious/stereotypical way out no matter which way it ends.

But yeah, that's what I want.

Amputates leg, gives up medicine because his leg is what made him a good doctor, when he goes to leave the hospital, his wife and/or wilson are there for him.

Though the giant funeral ending would have a massive impact and be pretty amazing too. I just don't like seeing characters I enjoy meet their demise. >_>

so, the answer was 'perfectly'.

honestly, the episode was slow and i'm not a fan of flashbacks or bringing back old characters for chats but it moved well enough and then the last 15 minutes were AMAZING.

for all the sherlock holmes references it had at its heart, i don't think they could've come up with a better ending. i was actually a bit embarrassed that i didn't call it before it happened! i'm ALWAYS talking about the sherlock references! I guess that's testament to how well they did the prior scenes...so, so sad.

But as a long long longtime fan, I can say I'm very content with it!!!

House is accidentally shot by a patient, dies and is welcomed to heaven by God, wearing a white suit, played by Stephen Fry.

I am shocked we didn't see Cuddy in last nights episode. You had everry other member of the cast appear EXCEPT her.

Still, wasn't a bad episode. I haven't be up to date with the past few seasons, only bits and pieces here. I am at least glad there was plenty of reference to what was going on.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back