SoCal Prop Party -- The Recap

Rob, thanks for setting this event up. I had a great time checking out all the great stuff and socializing. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(Patattack @ Oct 9 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]1334959[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(animetronic @ Oct 9 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1334930[/snapback]
That brassy firearm is a custom build by Darth Tyran that he calls "Rosey". He said he had a different inspiration for it but it also looked like it could fit into Firefly. He said that the base gun was the same as one of Jaynes guns from Firefly.

Josh
[/b]

Yeah, the LeMat was the base for Jayne's main sidearm in the series, and I had never seen the gun used for any other "inspiration," so I was curious. It's quite a nice custom.
[/b][/quote]

Thing weighs a metric TON too.

Great pics folks. Matt, glad you nabbed the beer mug.

Just a quick "administrative" note, (and additional praise for a great bunch of folks.) -- we had zero "headaches" regarding "settling up" for the buffet. Though I think there may have been a couple folks I did not connect with. To make things easy, QuartZ volunteered to allow me to "borrow" his Paypal account, so if we missed each other at the party for the $25, you can shoot it to djan@onebox.com

It was really great making connections with everyone who attended. It was my first prop party so it was worth the travel to meet such a fun group.

Darth Brass, this is for you....

IMG_0384.jpg

This picture and others can be seen at my SoCal prop party album.

-Bryan

Rob,
Kudos to you for putting together a great party. :)

It was wonderful seeing old friends and making some new ones. Dave & Busters is definitely a great place to have these little get togethers.

Maybe next time I'll just bring my whole R5-D4.....and a Chewbaca mask for our waiter. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(KingNothing @ Oct 10 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]1335566[/snapback]</div>
Looks like a fun time there...
Does Munson ever wear pants????
[/b]

Unfortunately NO.

The blinders were of no help, but he has some sexy man legs :p

<div class='quotetop'>(KingNothing @ Oct 11 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]1335566[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Heck, I consider it an "overdress" day when I even put on shorts. Count yer blessin's, boyo... :)

In fact, as I type this very post...

ah, never mind.

Yep, it looks pretty close.

I just did some hunting around and it's actually the jacket Tom Cruise wore in War of the Worlds. I guess a limited number of them were made by a company called Belstaff.. they make a lot of cafe-racer type jackets.

I'm hoping Chris (animtronic) might get back to the thread with any more info he might have on it or the owner. I'd love to get my hands on one.

Wested.com has a jacket somewhat like it, and a seller on ebay sells some really cool ones similar to Wolverine's and Mad Max's. (http://stores.ebay.com/pdcollection-com-Store_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm )

just in time for winter :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Geniepants @ Oct 10 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1335343[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Meridian @ Oct 9 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1334833[/snapback]
http://josh.fluxar.com/gallery/data/media/35/tn_Josh_114.jpg

I should know this, but I don't.. what jacket is this? Anyone have any info on it? If there's anything
close resembling out there that I could buy myself, send me a pm.
[/b]

I could be mistaken, but my first thought is Wolverine's "civilian" jacket from X3.
[/b][/quote]

You guys might just have to deal with me at any future cali prop parties, if I move out to LALA land anyway. ;)

I too never wear pants. :love

That looks like a great time had by all, I'd of loved to be in one some of those discussions.

Njc---------------------------

<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Oct 10 2006, 04:59 PM) [snapback]1335577[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(KingNothing @ Oct 11 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]1335566[/snapback]
[/b]

Heck, I consider it an "overdress" day when I even put on shorts. Count yer blessin's, boyo... :)

In fact, as I type this very post...

ah, never mind.
[/b][/quote]

Just as long as you have both hands on the keyboard. :lol

Hey Matt.

I just got through reading the latest MR E-Mail and I think they have a job for you there. ;)

I just found this thread (I am SO behind).

Meridian: that's my Belstaff War of the Worlds jacket. It's called the 'Hero' jacket. The same company that made them for Tom Cruise made a limited number available to the public. Very hard to find, and VERY expensive. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts to wear it sometimes. That is a horrible photo of me btw. :confused :eek:

PM me if you need more info.

-Dana

Yeah Rob, it was my first, I am no longer a prop party virgin... it was great, I even smoked afterwards. ha ha ha

I am glad you liked the pics.

I really had a great time and it was fantastic finally putting faces to SN's. I hope that we may be able to do this next year, and I would be more than happy to drive out again. As long as... you know... Munson.... keeps his....uh pants on.

-Bryan

Doh.

Here we go -- straight from the warped mind of PHArchivist.

Trivia Questions:
What major Tom Cruise hit had scenes filmed about ten minutes from here?

(Jerry Maguire -- filmed MANY scenes at John Wayne Airport, ten minutes from the Irvine Spectrum.)
Which ESB Bounty Hunter gun recently sold through The Propstore of London?
(Bossk [sic], as reported by a recent RPF thread)
How much did the Enterprise D model sell for at the ChristieÂ’s auction?
($500,000 as reported by a recent RPF thread)
What MAJOR prop saw its “completion” (in terms of discovering the correct parts) just about one year ago?
(OB1 saber as reminded by a recent RPF thread)
What is the firearms manufacturer of the base pistol used in the Korbin Dallas handgun?
(Vektor South African hand gun, outlawed in SoCal as per MM.)
What is the house used as the Focker residence more famous for?
(Fantasy Island -- hey I'd just wathcehd the lame ass movie.)
What is the magazine Nick Cage pulls from the terrorist crate in “The Rock”
(Busty Beautys -- Well... I OWN the baby that was pulled from the same crate.)
Why is it that Spicoli is convinced he can fix JeffersonÂ’s smashed Z-28?
(because his father is a TV repair man and has an ULTIMATE set of tools)
What happens to the dog at the end of POTC2
(becomes the new king/God)
What vignette borrowed from the ride was cut from POTC1, but added to the Tortuga scenes in POTC2
(dunking the mayor)
Were Tortuga and Port Royal real, or fictional laces?
(Real)
What type of weapons to endoskeletons carry
(40 watt phased plasma rifles)
What type of shotgun does the T-800 carry in T2?
(Lever action 10-gauge Winchester model 1875 -- one of my favorite replicas.)
Where is “Cyberdyne HQ” in the real world?
(Fremont, CA.)
Name three of the original parts of the Obi Wan ANH light saber
(AS hand wheel, grenade, booster, balance pipe, Graflex clamp, )
What Hawaiian island hosted MOST of the filming for Jurassic Park?
(Kauai)
How many Hawaiian islands represented Isla Nublar in Jurassic Park?
(two -- Oahu and Kauai; the T-Rex eating the ostrich dino was filmed on Oahu after the production crew got driven off Kauai by a hurricane. It was filmed at Kualoa Ranch on the east side of Oahu)
Is the Memorial of the U.S.S. Arizona visible in the 1941 scenes of Pearl Harbor?
(Yes -- Michael Bay is a LOSER)
What comprises a Pulse Rifle?
(Thompson machine gun and SPAS shotgun
Who designed the Pulse Rifle?
(James Cameron)

Isn't the M41A pulse rifle actually a Thomson SMG mated to a Remington 870 shotgun? The SPAS shotgun part is only the plastic front grip turned backwards IIRC.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back