Star Trek - TOS - Identified props?

Jehudah Design

I'm currently watching Star Trek TOS for the second time now, and even if it's more than twice as old as me, I really do love that show.

It looks to me like they did use quite a lot of pre-fabricated items on the series, everything from glassed and bottles, busts, and with no need to mention more stuff, there's just a whole lot of stuff, it seems.

So I am wondering if despite the show's age, are any of those things possible to come by anymore? I'd really like to get a hold of a thing or two from that show, but as said before I'm not really one of those kids who used to watch this show when it first aired and really just started watching it a few years ago, sadly thanks to that awful JJ-Trek movie, so I have no idea what any of the things were and was hoping that maybe someone here could enlighten me?

Just anything, throw it at me, even if it's just a box of toothpicks seen in the background.

Last edited:
Re: Star Trek TOS - Stuff!

The Saurian Brandy (Dickel Whiskey) bottles can be found on eBay rather regularly, but can turn up in antique stores, sizes and prices will vary.

I know that OB10 has found very similar salt and pepper shakers used as medical props in either an antique or thrift store.

Most of the glasses used were originally specialized little bowls for ice cream, like for Balok's Tranya, or origianlly made for single flower vases that had been used by the officers in toasting Dr. Miranda Jones. I've seen these in thrift stores from time to time.

Visit you local thrift or antique store, keep your eyes opened, and you can be surprised by what familiar objects you may find.

Re: Star Trek TOS - Stuff!

Sweet, I wanted one of those in particular even though I don't drink, but I love Star Trek enough to buy actual brandy for that bottle if I got one.

Haha, yeah but every time I'm in an antique store, I forgot what the things looked like in the series anyway. Maybe I should make a photo folder for that when I finally get into the world of smart phones. Or are they communicators...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back