Found Item Buckaroo Bonzai Overthruster Case

I bit the bullet and bought a case and the possible replacement handle I posted above. The handle is about the right size but thicker than what is on screen. I reversed the mounts like on screen. The current placement is using the existing holes but the mounts need to move in more. Looking at the screen grabs it looks like the handle could never lay completely flat, especially with the reversed mounts.

DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0033.JPG DSC_0034.JPG

I started trying to finish up my case since Peter Weller is scheduled for DragonCon and I wanted him to sign my case. I still don't have all the graphics though, does anyone have a set of graphics I can use for the stickers all over it?

2014-06-23-OOT1.jpg

I found a logo that I think is a very decent match for the side sticker. I'm sure it can't actually be the one, since this organisation didn't exist at the time, but still, I think it fits well:

276773_395947700449658_1085497993_n.jpg

No worries, there's just no good images of what is on there so I'll go with close enough! Thanks for the sticker designs stromo! I'll be looking into quality sticker printing tomorrow :)

Picked up my Kinko's printed stickers and drove by an electronics store but no luck finding accurate LEDs for the interior panel. Has anyone found the right panel mounted LEDs?

Got my handles in today, they might be a little short, but I think are close enough for purposes. Going to swing by Home Depot tomorrow and see if I can find something good for mounting to the lid.

2014-07-03-OTHandle.jpg

No matter were you go, there you are.

Awesome find on the case. I seem to remember someone making a machined aluminum Oscillation Overthruster or something like that. Yours looks awesome! I want one now, It's been too long since I've watched that movie.

Interesting on the LEDs. I was convinced it was some surface mounted LED, but the way you did it looks pretty good, just poking the tip of regular LEDs through holes on the surface of the panel. Are those some kind of spacers on the back side to keep the LEDs from going too far through?

I completed on internal panel with the exception of the LEDs. I think I learned enough about the spacing of the Letraset characters I have for this that I think I will get the next one dead on for positioning. Also threw in my Banzai headband. :)

2014-07-18-OTCase.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back