Original Mercury Space Capsule Blueprints

micdavis

Master Member
Since if I recall correctly, the Yahoo Group that exists actually started here then moved, I will post this here.

There is a Yahoo Group that was for the purpose of coming up it a design for a replica Mercury Space capsule. Scale to be determined.

That brought forth a set of blue prints from McDonell Douglas. Some were duplicates and some were split across two pages.

We ended up with what will be 16 complete blue print pages of details.

Some general configuration, some instrument placement, the escape tower and most importantly the profile and clocking of the stringers.

Through the generous donation of one member, the prints were scanned and are now made available for FREE.

Enjoy.

Mercury Blueprints

I plan on compositing the two page prints with Photoshop when I can get around to it.

If someone else beats me to it, be sure to speak up.

THANK YOU for posting these, micdavis! And many thanks to the anonymous member who made the scanned prints available.

Karl, as with all of your infographics, I very much enjoyed your John Glenn 50th anniversary tribute.

On a side note: You know, from a distance, the "Inside Gas Giant Saturn" graphic looks a bit like a thong-clad rump. Talk about yer gas giants! :lol

Mike--

I looked through those blueprints and did not spot the cross-section of the corrugations. I have it if you guys need it.

Scott

I tried looking at these files and I get an error message. Are the files still posted? Am I doing something wrong?

Scott
when I tried I got:

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.ce9a1645.1346096906.1d316d7b

So I don't think your the only one

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back