Movies that are due to be remade.

CJS

It's friday and stuck at home. Seriously what movies could be remade, better by technology and that are just dated. I would love to see Soylent Green redone. Effects yes, dated? definitely. And the subject matter is kinda relevant to the times we live in, verge of overpopulation, strain on natural resources etc. Any additions?

I would like to see Halloween remade. I'm not talking about Rob Zombie's versions which pale to the original. I'd like to see a H1 done with the original style mask and original storyline.

I'm not a big fan of remakes, simply because they tend to suck. I don't know what the disconnect is with the film industry today, but they seem to take a good concept and water it down to the point where it becomes just plain stupid or completely boring.

The only remake that I can think of which was really an improvement over the original is John Carpenter's "The Thing" from 1982.

Patton. Not remade, but altered ala Lucas. Use cgi to put the proper tanks in there. It always bugs me to see patton tanks used in WWII for both sides.

Flash Gordon, should at least be a trilogy saga , would love to see something like this be remade.

"Humanoids from the Deep", was like my favourite monster movie back in the mid eighthees, there should be cool sea monsters in it, doing it to...you know what.

Citizen Kane

They say it's the greatest movie ever made. New audiences need to see it but black and white is too old now. They should remake it and give it modern digital effects and 3D.

They need a lead actor that will appeal to the younger audiences, have Vin Diesel play the lead role of Charles Foster Kane.

People won't understand an old man's appeal to a childhood sled, so they should also change rosebud into a flash sportscar he bought in his 20's.

Capricorn One
Three days of the Condor
Fail Safe
Outland
Soylent Green
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Buckaroo Banzai
Koyaanisqatsi

And im happy if Sir Ridley Scott directs them all.:love Nolan can do Banzai maybe.

Last edited:
Capricorn One
Three days of the Condor
Fail Safe
Outland
Soylent Green
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Buckaroo Banzai
Koyaanisqatsi

And im happy if Sir Ridley Scott directs them all.:love Nolan can do Banzai maybe.
Wicked suggestion John Smallberries lol

The Beastmaster.

Great movie but worthy of a current remake.

I'd also love to see a remake of the Breakfast Club...another great movie.

David

I would love to see 'Hellraiser' remade.
I watched it a few months back for the first time in a long time, and it is really dated!:eek
I loved it seeing it as a kid, but as an adult, it just didn't stand the test of time...
Although, watching Frank's body come all back together from the floor is still one of the coolest things to watch!:cool:thumbsup

I loved the beastmaster flicks as a kid!

I'd love to see an Masters of The Universe remake

The Beastmaster.

Great movie but worthy of a current remake.

I'd also love to see a remake of the Breakfast Club...another great movie.

David

The Thin Man. It's a fun film and I love it, but it's half played for laughs with Powell mugging drunk and the dog as comedy relief. Keep it as close to the novel as Huston's Maltese Falcon is to that book and you'd have something. Natalie Portman and Alfred Molina would be perfect for Nick and Nora.

Re: Movies that are due to be remade.
Citizen Kane

They say it's the greatest movie ever made. New audiences need to see it but black and white is too old now. They should remake it and give it modern digital effects and 3D.

They need a lead actor that will appeal to the younger audiences, have Vin Diesel play the lead role of Charles Foster Kane.

People won't understand an old man's appeal to a childhood sled, so they should also change rosebud into a flash sportscar he bought in his 20's.

I don't see any laughing faces :lol: lol by Vin's name, so I can only surmise you have to be serious ....in that case pass around the drugs you're using cause I want to experience that reality. :facepalm

Okay, someone has to say it, because somehow we've gone a whole thread with no Lucas-hate. I must say I'm dissapointed in you all.

Star Wars - like ripping a band-aid off, let's just get the inevitable over with and completely replace EVERYTHING with a gritty "re-imagining", darker and more true to the source material (whatever the hell that oft-bandied phrase means). Or a wacky, candy-coloured farce.

For realsies though? Captain Blood or the Seahawk. Real piratey goodness there, particularly if you try to stick to the book on Blood for this version.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back