Movies that are due to be remade.

Still waiting for my " The Last Starfighter" remake.

Seth Rohan wanted to produce a remake, but the original writer holds the rights to the story and won't sell them. He found out that Steven Spielberg wanted to do one and wasn't able to get the rights either.

Honestly, at this point, you're likely to get as close as an adaptation of Ernest Cline's novel Armada than you are a TLS remake (or sequel).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Keep. Please universe remake this gem with Michael Mann.

This is a slow burn Scifi- Horror flick set in Nazi occupied WWII made by Michael Mann (Miami Vice, Heat, Collateral, The Insiders, Last of the Mohicans, Ali, The Aviator, Hancock).

Im a big Michael Mann fan. He makes gritty, real movies. Throw in Scifi and OMG........Home run.

I'd like to see Zulu remade, to me it's ripe for a remake. It could be made a little more realistic and a little less melodramatic, although the tension between the 2 main characters is central to the story. Leave that aspect alone but make the fighting more realistic, showing how rough it really would have been there, and make the costumes a tad more realistic, like they've really been living in the plains of South Africa and not dressed for a parade.

Last edited:
Escape from New York. And another vote for Logan's Run. Also Night of the Comet would be fun. Oh and Omega Man, because I Am Legend was just not very good.

Escape from New York. And another vote for Logan's Run. Also Night of the Comet would be fun. Oh and Omega Man, because I Am Legend was just not very good.

Actually, doing an adaptation that's truer to the I Am Legend book by Richard Matheson would be a better idea than a remake of it's second adaptation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, doing an adaptation that's truer to the I Am Legend book by Richard Matheson would be a better idea than a remake of it's second adaptation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An adaptation that follows the mood of the Heston movie would be a good one. And I've read the book, this is not an uninformed opinion.

Yeeeeeeeasassssssss

1da143188e2309b5e5ff325060ca083d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see Zulu remade, to me it's ripe for a remake. It could be made a little more realistic and a little less melodramatic, although the tension between the 2 main characters is central to the story. Leave that aspect alone but make the fighting more realistic, showing how rough it really would have been there, and make the costumes a tad more realistic, like they've really been living in the plains of South Africa and not dressed for a parade.

Eh...I don't know. I think these days it would be really complicated to tell that story, given that the era of colonialism is basically long dead, and the history -- and related views of the participants in the Anglo-Zulu War -- are now likely seen pretty differently from how they were in the mid-60s. There's an element in Zulu that treats the Zulu themselves as basically the Klendathu bugs from Starship Troopers (and apparently, the film partially inspired Verhoeven). I....don't think that attitude really flies anymore.

Personally, I'd prefer a long mini-series that examines the political landscape, the relations between the Zulu nation, Boer settlers, and British rulers, and how that led to war, with the end result detailing acts of individual heroism (likely on both sides), but making it clear that nobody is really the "good guys" in this case.

Alternatively, take the basic framework, and shift it to a sci-fi setting. Human colonization of alien worlds, conflict with native alien races, etc. Although, even then, savvy viewers will see the parallel.

I'm watching the Dirty Dozen right now. I could go for a grittier remake.

I dunno...I think The Dirty Dozen is plenty gritty, especially if viewed within its historical context.

I would like to see the prequels destroyed and forgotten.

Did you watch the Clone Wars series? The second one, I mean, not the Tartakofsky cartoon. I find that, after having gotten into that show, ROTS is a lot more tolerable as an end-piece to the show. It's still flawed, and I still find Lucas' choices to be...not what I wanted to see, but it works a lot better with the cartoon as your lead in instead of the other two (largely disposable) movies. Really, AOTC is only worth it to demo your sound system, in my opinion.

Did you watch the Clone Wars series? The second one, I mean, not the Tartakofsky cartoon. I find that, after having gotten into that show, ROTS is a lot more tolerable as an end-piece to the show. It's still flawed, and I still find Lucas' choices to be...not what I wanted to see, but it works a lot better with the cartoon as your lead in instead of the other two (largely disposable) movies. Really, AOTC is only worth it to demo your sound system, in my opinion.

No, never seen the cartoons. I have a hard time these days sitting through cartoons, unless I'm watching Pixar movies with my mom.
Also, I didn't like the prequels at all, so more of that... meh. No thanks.

I thought similarly, and avoided the show for a long time. Hated the prequels. I started watching Rebels, which I liked, and then decided to give TCW a chance. The opening movie and the first season are...slow. But by the 2nd season, things improve and you start getting a much better sense for the scope of the war, the cost to each of the sides, etc. It's for kids, no question (more like...hmm...9-13, I'd say, although younger kids could probabyl enjoy it, and obviously adults can too). But it's still really entertaining over time.

One of my biggest complaints with the PT was that you never actually saw the war. You saw some prequel to the prequels (TPM), then you saw the start of the war, and then the very end, and I'm sitting here saying "So...we got the 'star' part. Where's the wars?" Anakin comes across as a proper hero, and one who actually cares about his subordinates. The Jedi seem reasonably heroic, too, albeit missing the real puppet master in everything. The clones have their own characters, too. Overall, it's just a fun show that does a lot to help make the PT era more tolerable. I used to hate it, but now I actually kind of like it -- just only really through the TCW filter.

I'll say this, though. You have to believe that it gets better when you start. It's not bad, mind you. It's just sort of "meh" at the start. That and it really helps to watch it in the official "chronological" order, so that stories connect and build on each other better.

If it's not your thing, though, totally understandable. Like I said, I was reluctant for a long time and perfectly content to just continue hating the PT (or, more accurately, mentally retconning them with my own head-canon version of the events). But I really do enjoy the show and I'm glad I started watching it.

Alternatively, take the basic framework, and shift it to a sci-fi setting. Human colonization of alien worlds, conflict with native alien races, etc. Although, even then, savvy viewers will see the parallel.

James Cameron is covering that. The natives are big blue Thundercats.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back