Movies that are due to be remade.

The last starfighter... I would go see that!

They can't change the ship design... But WOW those graphics didn't hold up!

Totally agree there... But in this case I'd rather get an updated Special Edition than a new movie with new actors. I really liked Daniel O'Herlihy's performance.

Kevin

The last I heard, Tony Scott (back in 2008) announced that he was working on a remake of The Warriors. But instead of it being set in New York, it's being set in L.A. (which honestly, I'm a little iffy on, even though I enjoy Scott's work (especially The Hunger).

Yeah, other details were released as well. Not only was it to be set in L.A. instead of New York, the gangs were to be much larger than they were in the original, with numbers in the thousands. Also, "The Warriors" were to be the only returning gang. None of the others in the original film were planned to be used. The whole idea just sounds like an awful mess. I hope it never sees the light of day.

There are a handful of remakes I like. The Thing, The Fly, The Blob, The Hills Have Eyes, just to name a few. What film would I like to see remade? Logan's Run. Lots of room for improvement there.

Last edited:
Wicked suggestion John Smallberries lol

Whats that watermelon doing there?

I feasted on the visual and aural aspects of Koyaanisqatsi rather than the message, i think a revisit in the current timeline with say IMAX tech would be staggering. Fail Safe still has much to offer also with a modern spin and strong cast, just my two cents. Motivated myself to watch Banzai again, screams for a rework.

I would love to see a period version of War of the Worlds. Something closer to the book. I'm surprised M Night "It's a twist" Shyamalan has not done a remake of Blade Runner with the book ending.
This Island Earth. Metaluna could be done a lot better now.

The wizard of oz...not that it needs to be remade but I'd be interested to see a non musical version with a LOTR type treatment.

As a matter a fact one of the reasons I'd be interested in seeing this is due to the scene in Reurn of The King, when Sam, Frodo and Gollum are hiding in a short cliff just outside Mina's Morgul as Saurans army marches out....that scene reminded me so much of the scene in The wizard of os when the tin man, the lion and the scare crow are hiding outside the witches castle as her army marches out.

Movie I would not like to see remade = LOGAN'S RUN

Funny you bring that one up. My wife and I were talking about this one a couple weeks ago, mainly about how would it be if remade. We concluded it would be made into strictly a chase movie ala "The Fugitive" and the main point to the story would be tossed aside leaving it hollow.

Doug

Seriously, I love Logan's Run, but some of the effects are pretty bad. Mainly the shots of the city that is OBVIOUSLY a model, and Box. Box looked like a washing machine wrapped in aluminum foil.

It has such a great story, if it were handled right, and not turned into some mindless futuristic chase movie ala The Fugitive (as someone mentioned), then it could potentially be a really awesome remake.

Seriously, I love Logan's Run, but some of the effects are pretty bad. Mainly the shots of the city that is OBVIOUSLY a model, and Box. Box looked like a washing machine wrapped in aluminum foil.

It has such a great story, if it were handled right, and not turned into some mindless futuristic chase movie ala The Fugitive (as someone mentioned), then it could potentially be a really awesome remake.

Sadly, that is bloody unlikely, unfortunately.

Doug

Instead of a remake, Last Starfighter could do with a belated sequel in the same vein as Tron: Legacy.

Few years ago, there was talk about a Last Starfighter Sequel.. They were looking at doing more of a " Son of " The Last Starfighter kind of deal.. Lance Guest was going to come back as Alex Rogan.. If I remember the articles correctly, even Norman Snow was coming back as Xur..

But seems to have not gotten off the ground.. Same with a Goonies II, the cast were all interested in coming back, and still waiting for it..

I am fearing a few remakes.. Like The Crow and Highlander.. I know Highlander wasn't the best movie, but the concept was there and the music, the music made the movie..

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back