Movies that are due to be remade.

Natalie Portman and Alfred Molina would be perfect for Nick and Nora.

Unless she opens her mouth, in which case I'd rather jam shards of broken glass into my own eardrums. Such a weird paradox Portman is - she's a fine physical actor, but she can't deliver dialogue to save her life. Black Swan drove me nuts because of that.

But revist the Thin Man? Hell yeah! Great characters with a chance to display some terrific dialogue wirting. 'Falcon might not be a bad remake either actually now that you brought it up.

Well, when I first heard of the idea, I thought Night of the Demons would make a good remake. The original had a great story, make-up and practical effects with some very good scary and creepy moments. The one thing that pulls you out is just how terrible the acting is. The set could have used a little opening up on the outside as well...

However, the remake didn't do anything to improve on the original. It changed some of the cooler aspects of the story. It lacked a lot of the creepiness that was in the original. It was too over the top in some of the scenes and too bright.

I would love to see 'Hellraiser' remade.
I watched it a few months back for the first time in a long time, and it is really dated!:eek
I loved it seeing it as a kid, but as an adult, it just didn't stand the test of time...
Although, watching Frank's body come all back together from the floor is still one of the coolest things to watch!:cool:thumbsup

See, this is why I have no problem with redoing some effects. To me, there's only one part of Hellraiser that seems even remotely dated, and that's those animated lightning effects. All of the practical effects to me are still perfect.

Star Wars - like ripping a band-aid off, let's just get the inevitable over with and completely replace EVERYTHING with a gritty "re-imagining", darker and more true to the source material (whatever the hell that oft-bandied phrase means). Or a wacky, candy-coloured farce.

Gotta' agree. It's the first movie I thought of. I'd like to see a combination of ANH / ESB. Take the best two of the whole shabang and try with something and someone new. We still have the old ones...so if it's a trainwreck, who cares.

Star Wars - like ripping a band-aid off, let's just get the inevitable over with and completely replace EVERYTHING with a gritty "re-imagining", darker and more true to the source material (whatever the hell that oft-bandied phrase means).

Well, IMHO the original trilogy still holds up even by today's standards. Sure, the special effects are a little dated, but they don't detract from the overall films one bit.

In fact, I saw little value in beefing up the 'Special Editions', since what they did change was pretty much irrelevant anyway. :unsure

I was kidding. My point being that the movies are slowly being replaced, piece by piece as it is. There is no need to remake or tamper with those films; there's nothing there which needs to be resaid, or reimagined. Now the PT on the other hand...great story with weak execution and some bad, bad artistic choices. THERE'S a remake I might be able to get behind in a couple of decades.

Miracle Mile is one that I personally wouldn't want to see a remake done as, but wouldn't mind seeing it if it was done right (I think the original director has stated he wouldn't mind if a remake of it was done here at this film festival video. If not in that video, maybe in another video I saw, but I think it was in this one he talks about how he would like to see a remake and even talks about the original version of the script in which it involved a more mature couple for the leads, which I think would be interesting to see).

I loved the beastmaster flicks as a kid!

I'd love to see an Masters of The Universe remake

yes, that would be nice!!!!!!!!
why not a movie about the cartoon series "Thundercats"

enemy mine
as a teenager i played a pen and paper roleplay called "shadowrun" a movie like that would be nice (similar to the game deux ex human revolution)

Hollywood is doing this all the time...remake or reimagined. I would like to see Beastmaster, He-Man, The Warriors, Ice Pirates, Time Bandits... :love

Hollywood is doing this all the time...remake or reimagined. I would like to see Beastmaster, He-Man, The Warriors, Ice Pirates, Time Bandits... :love

The last I heard, Tony Scott (back in 2008) announced that he was working on a remake of The Warriors. But instead of it being set in New York, it's being set in L.A. (which honestly, I'm a little iffy on, even though I enjoy Scott's work (especially The Hunger).

Capricorn One
Three days of the Condor
Fail Safe
Outland
Soylent Green
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Buckaroo Banzai
Koyaanisqatsi

And im happy if Sir Ridley Scott directs them all.:love Nolan can do Banzai maybe.

Some of those are actually not bad ideas. The original ideas were good, but it didn't quite gel.
But Fail Safe and Koyaanisqatsi? Nay Nay.

Billy Jack is unintentionally hilarious in parts because of the hippies and freedom school. I laugh at the naive viewpoints.
Billy himself is timeless. Perhaps with Tom Hardy. [he's becoming the go-to guy for physical acting.]

Koyaanisqatsi

I don't know if you could remake Koyaanisqatsi as it was, but I know it shouldn't be done. Any remake of a Koyaanisqatsi would only end up being a documentary with a director with an agenda trying to force some sort of message instead of showing the world as it is.

Yeah, Last Starfighter would be great. Really, quite a few lesser known Sci-fi's could be remade.
Krull
Ghost in The Shell. (Almost shot for shot with no major deviations from plot)
The last unicorn
TMNT...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back