Studio Scale (:p) AT-AT

Man, you go away for a few days & kapow, Juliens done it again!.
Most awesome work J, so much better than the MR thingy.
Every detail is soo precise & perfect, just too cool for words mate!:love
Stu

Just gets better Julien, really great work. Havent got my kit to pull right now, but the tan/yellow looks almost Bandai 148 Panther? Can anyone pull a kit and check?

lee

Just looked at scans at studioscale and no dice as far as I can tell. Slow day at the office...

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm having a hard time determining the size of the parts. Is this the top rear opening? About 20mm across?

Most Bandai hub caps are in the 3.75mm range. The green is about 7mm and the tan is about 9mm. I pulled out my Bandai Panther G, Jagd-Panther and Aush H just to check anyway and nothing there. If they are tank hubs, I would guess 1/35 scale. I've gone through most popular Tamiya kits with no luck...even been using Quincy's Movie-Kit threads at SSMods. Another thing to note is the amount of lug nuts.....I don't recall a tank with four lugs....and most 8 lug caps have a smaller center cap with 6 lugs. I'm no tank expert, though, just what I've seen in most kits used for SW.

The red part screamed British or Japanese tank because of the rivets. Just my first guess...no dice yet.

Joe

Nice to have more folks on the case. This array of parts has been a real bugger besides the 1/20 F1 grill, if all else fails it'll have to be grown, I guess (just means a bit more 3d work). Fortunately all the shapes are pretty basic.

J, I wasn't expecting your progress to be so fast--the hull is incredible.

Stu, I'm on the road right now but I'm shopping around for quotes to get the neck master milled.. throw you a message when things slow down next week?

Hehe Lee, I think that's the only solid I.D. we made of the bunch. It's from the 1/20 Lotus or 6-wheeler, can't remember which... helps to scale the rest out, though.

Good point about the brit or japanese armor Joe. And those tabs look like they get glued into slots on some other part in whatever kit it's in.

EDIT: Or Italian armor

Last edited:
Hehe Lee, I think that's the only solid I.D. we made of the bunch. It's from the 1/20 Lotus or 6-wheeler, can't remember which... helps to scale the rest out, though.

Sorry Matt, thought you needed the grille, but yes that will help with scale on the other bits.

Lee

Can't help much on the id's but the hull an head looks sweet. I've tried on the head quite after the first few attempts it's a hard nut to crack an look right

Nice to have more folks on the case. This array of parts has been a real bugger besides the 1/20 F1 grill, if all else fails it'll have to be grown, I guess (just means a bit more 3d work). Fortunately all the shapes are pretty basic.

J, I wasn't expecting your progress to be so fast--the hull is incredible.

Stu, I'm on the road right now but I'm shopping around for quotes to get the neck master milled.. throw you a message when things slow down next week?

That's fine Matt, just need a firm drawing & the details & we'll go from there.:)
Stu

Thanks Al !

First pics of the first head pulls. Those are test shots :

atatbody13.jpg

atatbody14.jpg

atatbody15.jpg

atatbody16.jpg

They turned out pretty good except I had a big airbubble in my mold and now there's a resin blob, it'll be easy to sand/mill I'll probably offer the kitparts as separate castings to repair this area :)

I finished the outer body shell :

atatbody17.jpg

atatbody18.jpg

atatbody19.jpg

atatbody20.jpg

atatbody21.jpg

Now I gonna start the inner details...

Thanks for looking !

Castings look superb bud, dont know why you were worried on that bubble, its hardly noticeable anyway.
Body is looking really, really awesome too.

lee

Thanks Lee ! Yeah fortunatly it'll be hardly noticeable, that's why I wont redo a mold for that, and that's an easy fix !

I'm pretty glad the edges of the ear armor panels came out without airbubble !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back