TDK Foam Pattern, Design, Costume Build. ( PIC Heavy)

I never made a belt or cowl,

On a side note this project is scrapped and my chest abs, arms, gauntlets were in my car, foam , hot glue, and texas heat do not go together I had all of it in my car, was at work, 12 hours came out and all of my seams were separated. pieces all over my seat. really sucked. hard lesson to learn.

I really like where this is going but I am confused about the gauntlet foam pattern. Why are there the little pieces and where do they fit into it?

that is the elbow pad area, it goes largest to smallest, you place the pattern for the largest cut it out, then place the next size on top of the piece you jut cut out, cut that out set your next piece on op of the one you just cut out, mark it and cut it out.

you wuld then glue the pieces back together but dnt push it all the way in, and it gives it a beveled look like the actual suit.

here are some pictures I didnt get a chance to post.

2e861a90.jpg

a89add8b.jpg

7dbe5b54.jpg

60c9ca26.jpg

6ead3b35.jpg

9b31793b.jpg

34afa428.jpg

A hot knife, but if I ever decide to pick this back up, I would glue and squeeze the glue out the other side.

If my chest was still together I would take some pictures but its not. it all came unglued,

another point to add, on the chest it would help if you use foamies with creating this as well as the car foam. on the chest gluing and cutting the thick pieces was a little challenging

Can you please show or explain how the collar, chest, and legs are supposed to be put together. I love your templates and I just made a gauntlet yesterday that looks phenomenal because of these. Also I am planning on making a cowl the same way you did, but I had never seen someone who did it until now. Great job and I hope to see more soon.

if you only have one size foam it will be a little difficult as my foam was all really thick.

think of the pattern as a blow out map

here is how they all go together.

Picture017.jpg

this is your base everything else goes on top.

chest01.jpg

get cut out then glued together some pieces would look better in a thinner foam and be easier to bend and glue.
everything is is in the order it supposed to be but the bat symbol its on its side.

chest02.jpg

also here is a good reference for piece layout (not my build)

his build http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-dark-knight-suit-build-pic-heavy-150344/

2012-04-06124543.jpg

hey sonjou,

I got a question. I'm trying to build my tdk from foam, but I want to make the shoulder/back/chest one piece. Kinda like a football padding you just put on. Your template is all different pieces glued together.

One of the other memebers posted a pic of the underside of the TDK armor from Kris.

sZTm0.jpg

UleG4.jpg

Can you help me understand how i can take that jpeg into illustrator and turn it into a template or even if illustrator is the right way to go about it.

nevermind, I see how i can just extend your template to complete the look. Do you by any chance have the templates for the back piece?

I wasn't planning on making those as i was going to be wearing a cape the whole time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back