Skyrim Weapons - Daedric Dagger and Sword and Ebony Dagger Pic Heavy

elektrowlad

Hi guys,

Here's a bit more of my skyrim stuff : some weapons

All weapons are made using the same method. Sandwiched cardboard soaked in superglue for structural strength, covered in modelling clay, sanded, painted and lacquered.

The sword was a bit more of a challenge due to the game design. I had to make the cardboard sandwich and then cut a slit in it and insert a metal pipe for strength, from the handle to about halfway across the blade.

Sadly, I went into a work frenzy so I have no build pics, just the final results. If anyone wishes to have the templates I used to cut the cardboard for the ebony dagger and daedric sword, ask. I used in game shots that I traced over and then printed out

Enjoy!

_DSC07212.jpg

_DSC0678.jpg

_DSC0724.jpg

_DSC07183.jpg

_DSC0733.jpg

_DSC0737.jpg

_DSC0738.jpg

i second the request for templates, how did you soak them in super glue? did you order it in bulk or something?

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. I shall honor your request. I've made them for A3 paper. Cut the main one then trace it out on cardboard and then incrementally smaller ones. I used a total of eight layers of cardboard for the sword I believe and three for the ebony dagger.
As for the super glue, no bulk purchases. But in the UK, poundland sells them at four 7 gram bottles for...well...a pound. I just poured it over the blade and then used my hands to smear it well and make sure it's soaked. You can imagine that it's not top notch glue so it takes a bit longer for it to dry up well.

Pro tip : DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, if you decide to speed up the drying process of the clay by putting it in the oven, start playing guitar hero and forget the oven on for too long. The combination of clay and superglue at almost smouldering temperatures will cause the house to fill up with a very lovely smoke. I've experienced pepper spray before but that smoke is far far worse. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

ah it makes sense now :) i had this mental image of you dunking the whole sword into a bucket of super glue :p i shall have to try that method :3 but i'm going to use isopon p40 instead of clay, its more durable

How is that material ? never heard of it, googled it and it says that it's a fiberglass compound of some sort...is it easy to work with ? what about sanding ? I don't assume it can be modeled like clay, can it ?

its a kind of goopy slimy mixture that you spread on roughly, then use a belt sander to get rough details in with, then a dremel can get in fine details, its really easy to work with, its made for car body repairs. its like a bondo combined with fibreglass

Ok Punky, thanks for the explanation :) But I don't think I can work with that, no powertools I'm afraid, except for a small rc motor that I use as a dremel. Works really well.

I made the Iron Dagger as well as another ebony dagger, that I'm ebaying.

Here's more pics:
_DSC0734.jpg

_DSC0770.jpg

_DSC0782.jpg

_DSC0751.jpg

you don't even need any powertools, i was just saying a dremel is handy for detailing, i use a belt sander because is saves me time :p im extremely impatient.

Awesome iron dagger by the way :D

Thanks so much for sharing good sir. Any chance you'd take these to the Junkyard if I fail? sorry for being a noob >_<

Nevermind. I feel stupid now. Did some quick googlin' and found some simple techniques like yours. Thanks again for sharing the stencil!!!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back