Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

darkside501st

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Mark VII Pepakura files (Mark 7, Mk 7, whatever)

*************************** UPDATE Sept 10, 2014 ***************************

Sorry about the files guys, I accidentally cut them out of my skydrive/onedrive folder on my computer and when I put them back in it changed all the links. So I have to go back and update all the links in this thread and every other thread I have written. What a pain, especially since I don't have time for this. :p I have updated the links in this post.

I will continue to share pictures of the V2 Mk VII files I have been working on. These may not be the final draft of the parts but they will all be parts that I have reworked and, for the most part, they are done. I hope you enjoy. Subscribe to my thread so you don't miss out on any of them - I won't be posting these pics here in the first post.

Again, I just wanted to thank all of you for watching my thread and sharing your input and your builds. I hope to continue seeing more pictures and updates on everyone that is using my files for your suits. It means a lot for me to get to see these files becoming real suits.

Just a note, if you are interested in a real pepakura build and you like to have more accurate pepakura files then you might want to wait till I post the 'remastered' Version 2 Mk VII files.

****************************** Terms of Use ******************************

I am sharing these files as pepakura files and foam templates and the program is intended for 'paper art' (meaning of pepakura for those who may not know). However, since there is some confusion on the subject, it won't hurt to clarify my standing on the issue. So here it is:

As stated above, I am sharing these PDO files for use building paper craft models and/or to use them as foam templates to build foam parts. My files are now password protected. Unfortunately, without the password you cannot scale the files which is imperative for a build like this. I no longer have the time it takes to share the password via PM but because I still want everyone to be able to enjoy these files and to be able to build their very own Mk VII I am going to post the Password here.

The Password is: Timeless

However, by sharing the password I am taking a risk that someone could take advantage of my generosity. Therefore I want to make it clear that nobody should use these PDO files to take the 3D models that I have worked so very hard on. If you would like the 3D model for something then please PM me for special permission. Thank you.

------------------- VIPs that have been helping me with this project -------------------

I have decided that everyone here in the VIP section will get 2 months early access to my Mark VII Version 2 files when they are ready. They are still a ways off but I wanted to let you all know so you have something to look forward to. I will send out PMs to all the VIPs when the Version 2 files are available.

A very special thanks to:

Lucid001 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
FrustratedGamer
for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
redman99
for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Cooper32 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
cmeister2 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Vivalize for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
FerrousBueller for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
mersi for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
MaxDefiant for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
joonbug1 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Leosdad for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
spartacus1 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Predator75 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
DarkMessiah for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Rog for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Pantalones for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
ballanux for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
taajik for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
JediJayne for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
TheAdama for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Cykeblaster for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Premox for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Malnodnarb for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Tallpirate Val, aka Mr. Tallpirate, for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Lonewolfxiv for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
stargatefan1988 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Chris V for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Benf for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
NecroLycan for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
typewriter for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
IM Nation for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
DevilFlash for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Keven Skywalker for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
sylvester86 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
lunaris76 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
agassparkle for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
PMW for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
zman88a for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Angel Song for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
peruski for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
can eh jun for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Brad Hohl, aka GRINCH, for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Jason Winter, aka neoakaj, for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Lionyl for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Simple for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
InCOGnito B2TE for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
P4r4dox86 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
RED DRAGON for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
amroth for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
belate33 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
BeoNoir for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
LawNinja for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Tweak13 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
ironmanpreston for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Blue Inferno7 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Mizuno Hadouken for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
xiancoldsleep for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
softblubber for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
docholiday78 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
codriver for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
lucretius for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project.
Josh Herman (original 3D artist) for the help and insight he is providing into this suit.
Thanks IronLeoMan for all the unfolding you have done on the version 1 files.
Thanks ironmaided for helping to unfold the version 1 files and for sharing your version 1 foam templates.
Thanks jackieisrockin for sharing your version 1 foam templates of the Abs, Chest, and the new version 1 Back/Flaps.
Thanks streetsoul for unfolding the version 1 'Back 2' and 'Back 2 Flaps' files.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By now most everyone visiting this site has seen the new Mark VII but in case you haven't then here it is:

Some more reference pictures

Tips for building pepakura files:

Scaling can be difficult. There are many different methods out there. My suggestion would be to find your default scale. This can be guessed based on your height.

5'3" - 5'4" try in between scale 22 - 23
5'5" - 5'6" try in between scale 23 - 23.5
5'7" - 5'8" try in between scale 23.5 - 24
5'9" - 5'10" try in between scale 24 - 24.5
5'11" - 6' try in between scale 24.5 - 25.5
6'1" - 6'2" try in between scale 26 - 26.5
6'3" - 6'4" try in between scale 26.5 - 27.5

Then use the measurement tool (right-click in the 2D window and select it from the pop-up menu) to take specific measurements between any two points/vertices on the 3D model. This allows you to check the diameter of the openings that your arms and legs need to fit through as well as being able to check certain lengths and any other measurement that you think might be helpful. Just compare these measurements to measurements that you take of your own body parts.

Measure your body part in several key areas and then use the measurement tool in the pep designer program to measure the 3D model and compare the measurements to each other. Then if you need to make adjustments, change the scale factor until the measurements of the 3D model match up to what you want. Then print it out and assemble it. At that point it should fit but if not then you should only have to make it one more time. If it doesn't fit then you check measurements of the part you made to the measurements of the 3D model to see if it was right on or if it is off a little. See how much bigger/smaller it needs to be then adjust the scale accordingly. Hope that helps, Good Luck.

Tips for using the Pepakura software:

As with any software program there are little quirks that you need to work around. The Pepakura software has a bit more than most. One of the most common issues is from new users that can't seem to open the password protected files. Whenever they try to type the password it either enters a glitch loop or the file just opens in Pep Viewer and not Pep Designer. This is simply because on the password pop-up the default button is set to 'Open in Pep Viewer'. With most programs you can type the password and then hit the Enter key. This is because the typical default button is usually set to 'Next' or 'Ok'. In this case, if you hit the Enter key after typing the password then it will ignore the password and try to open the file in Pep Viewer. The glitch loop I mentioned happens if you do not have Pep Viewer installed. All you have to do is type the password and manually click on the 'Ok' button.

Pepakura Designer 3 Tips

Version 1 Mk VII Files:

Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII V1.0 Pepakura Files
All parts have now been set to a scale of 23. A password is now required to view the files in Pep Designer. The password is listed earlier in this post in the 'Terms of Use' section. Files for pepakura costumes and foam templates are still free.

You will find the Iron Man Mk VII V1.0 Handplate, Lower Forearm, Upper Forearm, Elbow, Biceps, Shoulder Bells, Boots, Shin, Hip Pod, Thigh - unfolded by IronLeoMan, Cod - unfolded by ironmaided, Abs/Midsection - unfolded by IronLeoMan, Chest - unfolded by IronLeoMan, Back - unfolded by IronLeoMan, and I also made a 2nd back file with lower flaps and more detail - unfolded by IronLeoMan.

ironmaided also converted all my files so far into foam templates so I uploaded them to my onedrive. The Chest and Abs/Midsection files were modified into foam templates by jackieisrockin.

Darkside501st's Iron Man Mark VII V1.0 Foam Templates
All parts have now been set to a scale of 23. A password is now required to view the files in Pep Designer. The password is listed earlier in this post in the 'Terms of Use' section. Files for pepakura costumes and foam templates are still free.

Check out my version 1 files. The new and improved version 2 files are under construction.

th_MkVIIHandplate.png
th_MkVIILowerForearm.png
th_MkVIIUpperForearm.png
th_MkVIIElbow.png
th_MkVIIBiceps.png
th_MkVIIShoulder.png
th_MkVIIBoot.png
th_MkVIIShin.png
th_MkVIIHipPod.png

IronLeoMan unfolded these files:
th_MkVIIThigh.png
th_MkVIIAbs.png
th_MkVIIChest.png
th_MkVIIBack.png

streetsoul unfolded these files:
th_MkVIIBackFlaps.png
th_MkVIIBack2.png
th_MkVIICodPiece.png

Special Notes:

- I never made a V1 Neck, Brace, or Collar Plate. The Collar Plate is easy enough to scratch build but I would recommend using Robo3687's Brace and Neck files until my V2 Mk VII is done.

- Supports for the Shoulders are on a separate pepakura file. Be sure to get that too.

- There are two files for the Abs/Midsection. The first one is for final measurements of the assembled midsection for obtaining the correct scale. The second one is the file that was actually unfolded - apply the scale that fits you to this file.

- The original version 1 Back file is missing the supports. You can find the back supports in the new Back 2 file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version2 Mk VII FIle(s):

I will be doing things a little differently with the V2 files. They will all be protected. You won't be able to open the V2 files in Pepakura Designer. You will only be able to open these files in Pepakura Viewer. This means that you will not be able to scale the files yourselves. I still want you guys/gals to be able to build a suit that fits you so I will be sharing several different scales of each file. If you need a different scale then what has already been uploaded just put a post in this thread and I will make that scale, upload it to my onedrive, and share it with everyone. I will only make changes in certain increments depending on the part. Details will be posted under each part.

Note: The scale of each part is listed at the beginning of the file name.

View attachment 473968 View attachment 473969 View attachment 473967 View attachment 473978 View attachment 473976 View attachment 473970 View attachment 473971 View attachment 473977 View attachment 473974 View attachment 473973 View attachment 473972 View attachment 473975 View attachment 473979

Pepakura Files:
Mk VII Helmet - original model by Sharkmark - scaled in .01 increments on request - Also, here is the new Mk VII Tester Helmet file.

Foam Templates by JFcustom:
Foam Mk VII Helmet - original model by Sharkmark - scaled in .01 increments on request

The helmet file is scaled the same as the Sharkmark Mk IV/VI helmet. It is generally agreed that a scale of .95 will work for head circumferences of 22-23 inches. Use the tester helmet to find out what scale works best for you then check to see if it is already on the skydrive before you post a request.

Tips:
I am trying to make these files as easy to build as possible so you will notice that the helmet is not an exact model of the real deal. I got a lot of complaints about all the grooves in the V1 files. Also, from talking to the top guys here on the RPF that have taken pep files and turned them into master pieces I have learned that most of them add the grooves in later. They either use a dremmel tool, hand tools, or wire to add the grooves in during the finishing stages. So I am building the V2 files without grooves, however I am including the location of the grooves mapped onto the pep file. You will see them printed out as thick dark lines. You should build the pep file then resin it and fiberglass the inside. After that you can dremmel the groove or add it into the bondo in that stage. 'How will you know where to make the groove after you cover the black lines with Bondo', you say. All you need to do is print out that part of the model on paper and overlay that onto your smoothed over armor part and use it as a template for drawing the line again.

Tips for Building the Helmet:
If you look at some of the reference images of the Mk VII helmet you may notice that the 'lip' on the lower jaw is a separate section and looks like it sticks out a little more than the jaw itself. If you want to do this I would suggest either doing it with the body filler (Bondo) or cutting out some strips of cardstock and putting them between the tabs on the jaw and the lip. A couple layers should be sufficient. This will give it the protrusion you see in some images of the actual helmet.

You may notice that I simplified the eyes. I think the inner eye detail will be easier to make using sintra, cardboard, or foam.

Also, the helmet is meant to fit snug around your head. You should not be able to slip it on. Most builders follow what they did in the movies and make part of the back of the helmet removable.

More Pieces to the Puzzle:

I want to thank Zabana for an awesome hand file. They are not easy to assemble but the detail is great.

Zabana's Iron Man hand files

The first time I made it I had a heck of a time getting into the little grooves around the repulsor. Also, there was no clear way to attach the top of the hand to the bottom. So, I modified Zabana's Hand file to take care of these issues. I made the repulsor a separate piece so that you can get in there and work on the inside of the palm without it getting in the way. I also took Surreal Studio's idea on how to separate the top and the bottom hands and incorporated that into the model. This will result in stronger bridges in between the fingers. I have uploaded it to the onedrive. Here are a couple pics:

th_MkVIIHand.png
th_MkVIIHand1.png
Zabana's Hand modified by Darkside501st

Zabana also made a really good Mk IV/VI boot file. I did modify it slightly to give more room in the toes and so that you can assemble it like Robo3687's boot. Check the link for my file.

th_MkIV-VIBoot.png
Zabana's Boot modified by Darkside501st

However Zabana's boot is much less complicated so check it out too:
Boot by Zabana

Or you could use Robo3687's Boot. I would also recommend using Robo3687's Brace and Neck files until my V2 Mk VII is done.
Robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files

Also, I have recommend using Sharkmark's Helmet for a long while even though there appears to be some slight differences between the new Mk VII helmet and the previous versions. However, I have now modified his helmet to turn it into the Mk VII version. That is posted above. Here is the original Mk VI version:

Sharkmark Mk VI Helmet Tester
Sharkmark Mk VI Helmet

Last edited:
Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

Hey Mike the 2 Files what you makes are a fantastic start for this project !

I added supports to the first two pieces and I just uploaded the Mk VII Upper Forearm. It is under the same link on the first post.

I need to go back and add supports to that one, though.

Last edited:

Any chance we could get these chonged for foam? I don't know how to change it, nor do I have the paid version to save it.

Any chance we could get these chonged for foam? I don't know how to change it, nor do I have the paid version to save it.

I can do it for ya if you want. May take some time though cuz I'm not familiar with these new parts as I am with the Mark III.

EDIT:

Was easier than I thought. I made it as simple as I could and I scaled it the same as my Mark III foam suit. The lower forearm is about 10 inches, and if you put the upper and lower forearms together they should be about 12-13 inches.

Link to download http://up.ht/zZ8PgO

Fun Fact: The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as your foot size. I'm a size 12 and so I know my forearm is 12 inches.

1zdrvcy.png

Last edited:

Hey Royal, awesome I have been waiting for this, but the link is not working it shows and error message

I can do it for ya if you want. May take some time though cuz I'm not familiar with these new parts as I am with the Mark III.

EDIT:

Was easier than I thought. I made it as simple as I could and I scaled it the same as my Mark III foam suit. The lower forearm is about 10 inches, and if you put the upper and lower forearms together they should be about 12-13 inches.

Link to download Download Foam.Mark.Forearms.zip @ UppIT

Royal,
That is fine with me. I wasn't planning on doing a foam edit myself. If you would though, please make sure my name stays on the files for credit and modified by you. Thanks.

ps - I tried to download your files, the download started but I never got any data. The links work but I could not download any info. It just hung there forever. Then I canceled the first one and tried downloading again and it was successful.

On another note:
The Upper forearm is getting some supports here shortly so check the link on the first page in a little while. Then I will start on the biceps.

EDIT:

Link to download Download Foam.Mark.Forearms.zip @ UppIT

Thanks! And thanks Darkside too! I can't wait to get some foam and start on the suit!

Okay I uploaded them to media fire instead. Hope it works.

Foam Mark 7 Forearms.zip
It's in a zip folder so you have to extract the files from it

I left your name in each individual file

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back