Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

it seems more likely at this point that its actually going to be Detroit steel not iron patriot or a new war machine the similarities are probably due to some sort of government design from i what i have gathered anyways probably not iron patriot
if you look at the iron nman mk 8 helmet theylook similar i dont know what that means if anything just thought id point it out

IMG_5644.jpg
IMG_5676.jpg
IMG_5656.jpg

Not to get off topic but which version of the cinema 4d is everyone using? Is the demo enough or do I need to purchase a full version? Sorry for the ignorance, I don't have access to my PC right now and I'm having a hard time viewing their website.
Thanks!!!!

Nice pics AnakinChris. That's what I like to see.

bak9799: I'm just using the Demo. The Full Version is like $4,000.

Everyone: I have my Mod of Labsic's Mark 8 Helmet ready, not unfolded Though:
I've got a .PDO and .C4D if anyone wants to Mod it some more.

Helmet Link

clip1u.png

Hi guys, im having alot of problems trying to find out information on scaling the hands and feet of the Ironman pepakura parts, i can scale the head piece ok got it on my first attempt at pepakura. im a big guy at 6 ft 4,i have huge feet size 15 and shovels for hands lol , just dont know were to begin with measuring, im thinking is it bottom of palm to the tip of the middle finger?? or with the feet is it just basically the simple measurement of the length of the foot, i apoligise in advance if i have missed out on certain threads dealing with scaling problems, but iv only came across helmet and chest piece scaling threads. Any tips for a first time pepakura enthusiast will be greatly appreciated :]

Good progress on your suits guys. I just want to reiterate that the top of the knee should be floating or if that is too difficult for you to do in your build then it should be attached to the thigh. It just doesn't look quite right when it is attached to the shin. I know that is how the Kotobukiya statue has it but it is incorrect and not movie accurate. That is why I put the top of the knee in the thigh file.

Syrus54, I would recommend starting a thread on the 3D modeling so we can keep this thread as clean and on topic as possible. You can post a link here and everyone can hop on over to see your stuff and get your input on the program.

Hi guys, im having alot of problems trying to find out information on scaling the hands and feet of the Ironman pepakura parts, i can scale the head piece ok got it on my first attempt at pepakura. im a big guy at 6 ft 4,i have huge feet size 15 and shovels for hands lol , just dont know were to begin with measuring, im thinking is it bottom of palm to the tip of the middle finger?? or with the feet is it just basically the simple measurement of the length of the foot, i apoligise in advance if i have missed out on certain threads dealing with scaling problems, but iv only came across helmet and chest piece scaling threads. Any tips for a first time pepakura enthusiast will be greatly appreciated :]

For the foot, measure the length of your foot from the toe to the heel, with the shoes you will be wearing (if you are gonna wear shoes), then in Pep Designer move the platform of the boot together so that the toe platform is touching the heel platform (this is the part you stand on), then right-click on the 2D window and select the measurement tool from the pop-up window. Now click on a point at the back of the platform and then click on a part at the toe of the platform and it will give you a straight line measurement. Adjust scale to fit your foot then print the platform (just the platform on one page... two pages if you have huge feet, lol) to double check the scale. You can use paper so you don't waste cardstock.

For the hands, I recommend using the measurement tool on the 3D model and going from side to side and knuckles to wrist. Side to side is the most important measurement to match. Measure the length of the fingers.

darkside501st thanks alot for your help, finally i can move on with my build :D

I just don't like the color scheme... the armor itself is nice but it will be a pain in the arse to make cause of all the small intricate details. In that thread I linked to there have been some people playing around with the color scheme using Photoshop. There is one color scheme that King Rancher (I think that is his name) posted that I really like and seeing the armor with that color scheme gives me the feeling deep inside.... oh I want that! So I may end up peping the Mark VIII after all and just doing a different paint scheme. ;)

The only part of the armor I and not that fond of is the helmet... mostly the new ears.

I have already downloaded many hi-res photos from the Comic-Con event so I could model it with out to much trouble. But I have to finish up some other projects first.

canntwait to see your work on the mk8 your 7 really came out well for the v1 build

Guys,
I'm sure when Darkside has some update, he'll be more than happy to share them!!! The more time he spends here answering these questions, the more time it's gonna take to give you those files.

Good things come to those who wait!

Got the back finshed at last, 36 sheets of folding LOL, lost motivation a few times! Not looking forward to doing the ABS :-(

For chest & back I went for scale of 24 as im 5'9" & they seem to fit ok.

Made cod piece using scale of 24 too but its too small so if you have a 31/32" waist and are around 72kg you might want to scale it up a bit. Seems ok on thighs so think I will see if i can open out waist & keep the rest, still new to all this stuff.

Guys,
I'm sure when Darkside has some update, he'll be more than happy to share them!!! The more time he spends here answering these questions, the more time it's gonna take to give you those files.

Good things come to those who wait!

well said :) thanks again Darkside.

Hey guys I have a noob question about the helmet size test pep file. How much space should I give myself? With the default tester, my head just fits into the helmet hole and I'm thinking I should give myself more space. How much more space should I give myself?

Hey guys I have a noob question about the helmet size test pep file. How much space should I give myself? With the default tester, my head just fits into the helmet hole and I'm thinking I should give myself more space. How much more space should I give myself?

Depends.. If you using foam.. I sugest default with one foam space from top of the head.. Fiber glass.. Two foam space.. Mine using default .. Fit just nice and enought space for the hinge im putting at the side :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Got the back finshed at last, 36 sheets of folding LOL, lost motivation a few times! Not looking forward to doing the ABS :-(

For chest & back I went for scale of 24 as im 5'9" & they seem to fit ok.

Made cod piece using scale of 24 too but its too small so if you have a 31/32" waist and are around 72kg you might want to scale it up a bit. Seems ok on thighs so think I will see if i can open out waist & keep the rest, still new to all this stuff.

I've just finished fibre glassing my paper pep suit. I am incredibly skinny, 5"11 and went for a scale of 23 over the whole thing as I've never pepped before xD
The cod peice and abs can't sort of be 'slid on', this suit seems to fit really well, but needs to be cut in 2 and hinged to get into it :/
Beware of the abs as well, absolute bane of my life... Those and the thighs xD

The shins are a bit too short as well, but I have long(ish) legs. The bicep is scaled at 21, forearm at 25 and handplate at 19 to give the right sort of look as the v1 files aren't quite accurate. I wish I had time to wait for darksides beautiful v2's, those are going to be a marvel to behold :D (marvel... Geddit? XD sorry, it's very late...)

I hope this helps, I'll try to aid in anything I can. I went into this whole world blind > <

(total cost of my suit is going to come to about £150 [~$250] btw. 1/3 spray paint, 1/2 resin+bondo)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

Question does anyone know what the bottom of the boot looks like. I haven't seen any pics
and was just wondering cause I'm kind of a perfectionist.

Here's my suit. Thanks for the files Darkside! Looking forward for the version 2 files!
428834_474062632604735_1400140843_n.jpg

(Lights were not visible as it was sunny outside :[ )

good work, i like the render, you made ​​the foam or + Papercraft + mastic resin? ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back