Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - V2 Biceps Done pg 130!

dude thank you for the amazing files and help and support I have made a succsessfull mark 7 and I am happy with the end results I cant wait for the V.2 to come out
(P.S can I share the unfolds I did of your files)
thank you so much I am very grate full for your files if you ever need any unfolding please don't hesitate to pm me
once again thank you

amazing work i cant wait to try building an iron man suit :) but i think ill start with something small for my first time lol

Thanks. It is a good idea to start with a small part. ;)

dude thank you for the amazing files and help and support I have made a succsessfull mark 7 and I am happy with the end results I cant wait for the V.2 to come out
(P.S can I share the unfolds I did of your files)
thank you so much I am very grate full for your files if you ever need any unfolding please don't hesitate to pm me
once again thank you

Thanks, glad to help. I prefer to keep all the files in one place. If you want to send me your unfolds I can review them and possibly add them to my skydrive.

Yes, use the tester helmet file and add 2 x the thickness of the foam you will be using to the width of the helmet.

Yeah, all the parts are made to fit together but proportions might be a little off.

Also, I made some changes to the hand files and reposted the new ones. Look for the Iron Man Mk VII Left/Right Hand files. These were modified to make finishing the inside of the glove a little easier and specifically for my IM Repulsor kits since they will be coming with a light pod for the repulsor. They are located in this folder on my skydrive:

http://sdrv.ms/12BAC4M

[url]https://blufiles.storage.live.com/y2p-hDBuA5s6xZyLDB1UTCHt055gMtnxAWG220FJyreYzv28kFR6VOUvGgOmyFVn0yXA0hDn5SL1UqFoLZifWndmA/Mk%20VII%20Hands.png.jpg?psid=1[/url]

under what menu do you change the width? oh and darkside could i have the password to view the files in pepakura deisgner? im so excited to start building i cant wait any longer!

Do you know, where I could find some material or pictures showing better points to cut the pieces and how to connect them to fit in the body?

I'm not sure I understood you message well. I still haven't searched the better way to adjust pieces together and I haven't looked how to connect the pieces to my body yet. So I don't think I can help you much on that.

I'm not sure I understood you message well. I still haven't searched the better way to adjust pieces together and I haven't looked how to connect the pieces to my body yet. So I don't think I can help you much on that.

Devil, first of all, thank's!

My doubt is simple, for example, in case of chest and back it is very easy, I just need to connect each other, in this case, the interface between the parts are ready.

But in case of neck, for example, I am assembling the eyeofsauron model as you. After it be ready, I will need to divide it in two pieces, right? If I didn't do this it won't be possible to wear it.

I will start to resin some parts now, and perhaps could be a good idea to me, start to think in what do before the next phase, fiberglass application.

To connect the parts I will try to use that connectors used in backpacks strips, for big parts like chest and back for example.

Thank's in advance.

Last edited:

hi guys, quick question
what are the gaps in the templates? look at the picture below, a template from the shoulders
oq6.png

Someone could explain me how to scale the eyeofsauron neck unfolded by streetsoul? Which points I should measure in my body to achieve a correct scale value?
Actually I'm using Darksider pepakura files scaled to 24.5, is there some relation for the neck?

Answering my own question. I simply print/cut only the top strip of paper and tried to fit it to around my neck close to the chin.

Three times increasing 10% and ok...

In my case I needed to increase the scale in 30%.

Last edited:

Devil, first of all, thank's!

But in case of neck, for example, I am assembling the eyeofsauron model as you. After it be ready, I will need to divide it in two pieces, right? If I didn't do this it won't be possible to wear it.

I will start to resin some parts now, and perhaps could be a good idea to me, start to think in what do before the next phase, fiberglass application.

To connect the parts I will try to use that connectors used in backpacks strips, for big parts like chest and back for example.

Thank's in advance.

Oh, ok I see now.

Well, for neck, abs and cod...I would try with clip buttons or velcro. For the gloves I'll use small hinges and rare earth magnets.

And then, attach each pieces together with backpacks strips and chicago screws. Would do the trick I think.

Thanks! Although I see many flaws on it :D Always difficult to take a step back and see it with a new eye. So thank you!

Couldn't be done without the amazing Darkside's files though.

DSC_0213.jpgDSC_0214.jpg

Well, my first try, just to see how it fits. I tried to make it from floating floor insulation, it is really weird material: from one side, it's pain in the ass to work with, from other side, it is really easy to fold it and it is solid, so I don't even know if i gonna use epoxide. Next I will try to make stuff from crepla foam :p

p.s. sorry for not rotating photos, my bad :p

Just did the first layer of bondo on the handplate and pretty happy with the result. Edges are sharp and freehand groove is fine. Tomorrow, second layer, more sanding and primer.

Attachments

• handplate2.jpg
    handplate2.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 253

Hello everyone!
Seems like im showing up a bit late to the party, but been reading this forum for a while now and decided to make my own costume!
I love everything everyone has posted, all crisp clean, and finally went out and bought almost everything that i need.
So been mapping everything out and thinking for a while how to piece everything together, with as few pieces possible.
Reason being, I'm doing it in 22g sheet metal, and using as little to no rivets, and not having to weld. ( unless I ABSOLUTELY need to. )

So starting off, sent Darkside a Pm to get the password for the mk7 suit, and the only thing open that is needed anyways was the glove (minus the fingers.) Printing out and setting up the templates probably took about an hour to map everything out to where i still can get in the grinder.

only thing i have done so far is the top plate, and the knuckle/index finger slot. Took about 4 hours to get it down to size, then shaving the edges etc...

Here are some of the slow starting work ive done so far, probably wont work on it till late tonight because im supposed to go to my wedding today lolol.
Honestly im glad i found this community because you're all helpful and not rude.

20130816_104447.jpg20130816_104548.jpg20130816_104631.jpg

Last edited:

A great build! It's just amazing how it's possible to get it that cool and real, would love to see more :)

Question, for the chest-plate, the details of the overlapping parts toward the side, hard to explain, but looking at the model it is supposed to be fairly thin, but i just used my 6mm foam. will it affect the suit much? I don't think it will but if you need further clarification i can upload a pic of what i mean later.

- - - Updated - - -
Hello everyone!
Seems like im showing up a bit late to the party, but been reading this forum for a while now and decided to make my own costume!
I love everything everyone has posted, all crisp clean, and finally went out and bought almost everything that i need.*
So been mapping everything out and thinking for a while how to piece everything together, with as few pieces possible.
Reason being, I'm doing it in 22g sheet metal, and using as little to no rivets, and not having to weld. ( unless I ABSOLUTELY need to. )

So starting off, sent Darkside a Pm to get the password for the mk7 suit, and the only thing open that is needed anyways was the glove (minus the fingers.) Printing out and setting up the templates probably took about an hour to map everything out to where i still can get in the grinder.

only thing i have done so far is the top plate, and the knuckle/index finger slot. Took about 4 hours to get it down to size, then shaving the edges etc...

Here are some of the slow starting work ive done so far, probably wont work on it till late tonight because im supposed to go to my wedding today lolol.
Honestly im glad i found this community because you're all helpful and not rude.*

View attachment 220736220738[/ATTACH]View attachment 220740View attachment 220741
Not to come off as rude or anything, but you might want to delete the 2nd and maybe third photo. just so, like, random people don't see your address.

Last edited:

Question, for the chest-plate, the details of the overlapping parts toward the side, hard to explain, but looking at the model it is supposed to be fairly thin, but i just used my 6mm foam. will it affect the suit much? I don't think it will but if you need further clarification i can upload a pic of what i mean later.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to come off as rude or anything, but you might want to delete the 2nd and maybe third photo. just so, like, random people don't see your address.

Now you need to edit your post since you reposted the pictures, lol.

I would think that you should be ok using 6mm foam for those parts.

--deleted--

I can still see them as attached photos... you just removed them from the text in the post.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back