Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - V2 Biceps Done pg 130!

do you have to have pepakura designer to rearrange parts? oh and do you need pepakura designer to size the parts? or can you use pepakura viewer
Thanks!

A quick question.
I realized the lip is different from the other helmets out there. It's pointing downwards instead of upwards. Is this Mark VII's helmet looks like?

Secondly, how should I align the bottom and upper lips? Should the upper lips be behind, in-line with, or protruding from the bottom lip?
k8eYJ1Bl.jpg

lMSlsVSl.jpg

Nice Job! Did you try to use cardboard without spaces? (you can buy it at art stores)

Last edited:

Nice Job! Did you try to use cardboard without spaces? (you can buy it at art stores)

You quoting me? :O
If yes, yeah I'll probably be buying those. Just realized how hard is it to cut those normal cardboard with spaces in them. Met with lots of problems too.
And not sure why I'm having this problem. Probably due to cutting error or some sort.

EuEMo03l.jpg

R45ATVBl.jpg

You quoting me? :O
If yes, yeah I'll probably be buying those. Just realized how hard is it to cut those normal cardboard with spaces in them. Met with lots of problems too.
And not sure why I'm having this problem. Probably due to cutting error or some sort.

I think you have this problem because cardboard isn't that flexible. If you will buy cardboard without spaces, I would even suggest to try crepla foam (it kinda cheap, easy to work with).

Someone could explain me how to scale the eyeofsauron neck unfolded by streetsoul? Which points I should measure in my body to achieve a correct scale value?
Actually I'm using Darksider pepakura files scaled to 24.5, is there some relation for the neck?

Last edited:

guy im new to this
is there a way to do a test helmet if im building it out of foam?

Ey, just wanted to post a few progress pics. Been working on this for a whole week now.I'm 5,6", 150lbs, sorta well built, i'm using 23scale for everything, and so far everything fits ok.But i'm working on the shins now and they seem to be a little short, i guess i'll make a new one. But was just wondering if all of the files were made to fit each other by default, like proportioned to each other at 23? I know you have to measure for parts as we all have different physiques, just wanted to know if certain parts are scaled smaller than some.image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 231

Ey, just wanted to post a few progress pics. Been working on this for a whole week now.I'm 5,6", 150lbs, sorta well built, i'm using 23scale for everything, and so far everything fits ok.But i'm working on the shins now and they seem to be a little short, i guess i'll make a new one. But was just wondering if all of the files were made to fit each other by default, like proportioned to each other at 23? I know you have to measure for parts as we all have different physiques, just wanted to know if certain parts are scaled smaller than some.View attachment 218928View attachment 218929

Hey, you're the same build as me. :)

guy im new to this
is there a way to do a test helmet if im building it out of foam?

Yes, use the tester helmet file and add 2 x the thickness of the foam you will be using to the width of the helmet.

Ey, just wanted to post a few progress pics. Been working on this for a whole week now.I'm 5,6", 150lbs, sorta well built, i'm using 23scale for everything, and so far everything fits ok.But i'm working on the shins now and they seem to be a little short, i guess i'll make a new one. But was just wondering if all of the files were made to fit each other by default, like proportioned to each other at 23? I know you have to measure for parts as we all have different physiques, just wanted to know if certain parts are scaled smaller than some.View attachment 218928View attachment 218929

Yeah, all the parts are made to fit together but proportions might be a little off.

Also, I made some changes to the hand files and reposted the new ones. Look for the Iron Man Mk VII Left/Right Hand files. These were modified to make finishing the inside of the glove a little easier and specifically for my IM Repulsor kits since they will be coming with a light pod for the repulsor. They are located in this folder on my skydrive:

http://sdrv.ms/12BAC4M

Last edited:

i have 2 more questions: first of all, i've been searching all around my town and the only thing slightly identical to fiberglass resin that i found was polyester resin. will that work the same as fiberglass resin? cuz i found the fiberglass cloth but i just can't find the resin here and i don't even think there is on my country... :s second, when can i cut the supports? after the resin, the cloth or the bondo?

i have 2 more questions: first of all, i've been searching all around my town and the only thing slightly identical to fiberglass resin that i found was polyester resin. will that work the same as fiberglass resin? cuz i found the fiberglass cloth but i just can't find the resin here and i don't even think there is on my country... :s second, when can i cut the supports? after the resin, the cloth or the bondo?

yes, you can use polyester resin. i'm pretty sure that's what i use with fiberglass cloth. you can try epoxy resin too, that's a little sturdier but unnecessary i think. you can cut them once you've resined the fiberglass. they should already be set by then.

hope this helps :D

yes, you can use polyester resin. i'm pretty sure that's what i use with fiberglass cloth. you can try epoxy resin too, that's a little sturdier but unnecessary i think. you can cut them once you've resined the fiberglass. they should already be set by then.

it does help a lot, thanks :D but the polyester resin is weaker than the fiberglass resin, right? so, in the end, after the bondo stage, won't it crack or something?

it does help a lot, thanks :D but the polyester resin is weaker than the fiberglass resin, right? so, in the end, after the bondo stage, won't it crack or something?

not really, atleast here in the Philippines when I buy from a supplier they offer polyester resin with the fiberglass mat. from what I know its really the same thing, maybe just called differently (someone correct me if i'm wrong). i only use epoxy resin when i work with carbonfiber (when making car parts).

you should be fine with polyester/fg resin, it is somewhat flexible and so is bondo. i guess you wont get cracks not unless you put some major stress on the parts.

you can cut them once you've resined the fiberglass. they should already be set by then.

For large pieces such as back or chest, I agree. Cut the supports after resining the fiberglass. But for "circular" pieces such as thighs, forearms or small pieces like shoulders, knees, you'll find it's a pain in the ***** to fiberglass the pieces with the supports still attached. So for these pieces I cut the supports after resining exterior and interior. You can still unwarp the pieces after resining the fiberglass so...doesn't matter if it warps a little.

I would like to thank mersi for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get 2 months early access to the V2 files when they are done.

not really, atleast here in the Philippines when I buy from a supplier they offer polyester resin with the fiberglass mat. from what I know its really the same thing, maybe just called differently (someone correct me if i'm wrong). i only use epoxy resin when i work with carbonfiber (when making car parts).

you should be fine with polyester/fg resin, it is somewhat flexible and so is bondo. i guess you wont get cracks not unless you put some major stress on the parts.

thanks, i was getting paranoid with the no fiberglass resin. tomorrow i start putting the resin and the cloth. :D

For large pieces such as back or chest, I agree. Cut the supports after resining the fiberglass. But for "circular" pieces such as thighs, forearms or small pieces like shoulders, knees, you'll find it's a pain in the ***** to fiberglass the pieces with the supports still attached. So for these pieces I cut the supports after resining exterior and interior. You can still unwarp the pieces after resining the fiberglass so...doesn't matter if it warps a little.

thanks for the advice! :)

Do you know, where I could find some material or pictures showing better points to cut the pieces and how to connect them to fit in the body?

amazing work i cant wait to try building an iron man suit :) but i think ill start with something small for my first time lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back