Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Image pg 124!

i made some pep files !
you can check them on my signature !
but darkside made the whole suit and im not done yet :/

Wow how have I never seen your files?! Lol. Yea I was just thinking that there are so many talented modelers here that could lighten the load for darkside. Poor dude probably gets 4647800 PM's a day about the V2 files.

Wow how have I never seen your files?! Lol. Yea I was just thinking that there are so many talented modelers here that could lighten the load for darkside. Poor dude probably gets 4647800 PM's a day about the V2 files.

I don't get quite that many, lol. There was a lot more right after the IM3 movie but now it has settled back down to the normal rate. Anyways, I don't mind the load and I kind of like having the exclusive status, lol Although, I know that there are a few guys working on their own Mk VII models so it may not last forever. ;) I just have to try to make the best files. :D

Got some other angles as it was requested a while back.. Also redid the hand and the handplate. I had to redo the whole forearm... for some reason when I saved the file it corrupted that part and the next time I opened the file it was like some kind of modern art porcupine. Anyways, here is the new one... I made sure to save it, export it, open in Pep Designer, and make a backup before I closed the program this time, lol. Click on the picture below to see more images:

Hi again, iam the newbie so i came here only with questions hahaha. I already put bondo on my helmet, y need to sand and finish the details, but i wanna know what is the best way to cut the bondo, to separate the faceplat from the other parts?.

One more time, my english is not the good i want, but i do my best!

Last edited:

Got some other angles as it was requested a while back.. Also redid the hand and the handplate. I had to redo the whole forearm... for some reason when I saved the file it corrupted that part and the next time I opened the file it was like some kind of modern art porcupine. Anyways, here is the new one... I made sure to save it, export it, open in Pep Designer, and make a backup before I closed the program this time, lol. Click on the picture below to see more images:

[url]https://blufiles.storage.live.com/y2pZg_br2XywAqEQBIlYVEOIqvCrbOyYB_V6T-VadIx4_lyLmY84Nk3RGRwa1gNWuiBWteZfHLvCI-4quHP0dpX_A/Mk%20VII%20Glove-Gauntlet%20-%201.png.jpg?psid=1[/url]

Drool! Looking good mate :)

Dont mind the big lump that looks like a nose :D
IMAG2241_resize.jpg

IMAG2245_resize.jpg

IMAG2246_resize.jpg

[url]https://blufiles.storage.live.com/y2pZg_br2XywAqEQBIlYVEOIqvCrbOyYB_V6T-VadIx4_lyLmY84Nk3RGRwa1gNWuiBWteZfHLvCI-4quHP0dpX_A/Mk%20VII%20Glove-Gauntlet%20-%201.png.jpg?psid=1[/url]

I haven't posted anything for a while and just skimmed through a few old posts... and I'd just like to say tank's to Darkside for posting all those awesome angles... the new gauntlet looks AMAZING !!!

Looks great!! I have been a bit inactive the past two weeks with my helmet, but I see that everybody is working hard! :)

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - V2 Gauntlet Done pg 129!

Hi everybody, I discover you a few weeks ago and I can't stop to spend a free second on my life to make your mark 7 to my son. My problem is my son is 5 years old and 120cm tall, using google tools i find he is 3'11", i have the pepakura designer and i offer me to modificate your files to this little scale.

Here you have the firsts pictures from my first time.

IMG_1602.JPGIMG_1603.JPGIMG_1604.JPG

i understand that the dark filled in lines are meant to be where there are grooves (like around the side of the helmet and the cheeks). but after putting on the resin and bondo, i won't be able to see the dark lines will i? how do you guys (I've seen some awesome helmets with nice smooth grooves all the way around) know where the grooves go?

I too wonder on this. Anyone?

Last edited:

I too wonder on this. Anyone?

and finally! (sorry for all the noob questions) i understand that the dark filled in lines are meant to be where there are grooves (like around the side of the helmet and the cheeks). but after putting on the resin and bondo, i won't be able to see the dark lines will i? how do you guys (I've seen some awesome helmets with nice smooth grooves all the way around) know where the grooves go?

This has been answered before in this thread. You can reprint the pattern out with those parts that have the dark lines and then cut it out and use it as a template to trace the lines back on the helmet.

This has been answered before in this thread. You can reprint the pattern out with those parts that have the dark lines and then cut it out and use it as a template to trace the lines back on the helmet.

hey Darkside I've been a follower for a while now and I don't recall reading about this part of the build... although I'm sure it's been brought up before... just think it's nice that stuff like that gets repeated once in a while.
But I was thinking... in order to reprint the pattern we would have to print out the entire helmet because we can't move the parts around with pep viewer... a solution could be if you moved the parts needed and uploaded them with the right scales and all, and maybe renamed them groove patterns or something like that
just an idea :)

hey Darkside I've been a follower for a while now and I don't recall reading about this part of the build... although I'm sure it's been brought up before... just think it's nice that stuff like that gets repeated once in a while.
But I was thinking... in order to reprint the pattern we would have to print out the entire helmet because we can't move the parts around with pep viewer... a solution could be if you moved the parts needed and uploaded them with the right scales and all, and maybe renamed them groove patterns or something like that
just an idea :)

Well really you just have to reprint pages 2, 7, and 9. Those are the only pages you need to redraw the line that goes around the helmet which would be the only one that really needs a template. I would save the jaw openings from the original print and just cut out some more cardstock in that shape to take it's place.

Well, I finished up the biceps today and I have some more pictures to show you all. Take a look:

So I have always been a little stumped by the elbow joint. The curved circles that are part of the biceps wrap around the arm slightly and the upper forearm butts up against the bottom of them. It doesn't really make sense for a single pivot point in the middle of the joint. It seems more like the upper forearm slides over the circumference of the circle. However, that would make building the suit very difficult. The problem is if we just put a single pivot point then the fin that comes off the upper forearm will be hitting the front and the back of the circle and this will limit mobility. So I am asking if anyone out there has any good ideas for how to make this elbow joint.

Looking great!

I haven't fully understand your explanation (English isn't my first language) but I also have problems understanding how the elbow joint works. My main problem is that I haven't build that pieces jet so I haven't seen in person how everything works together.

I downloaded a blender 3d model from Model Download: Iron Man Mark 7 Armors | BlenderNation some time ago to see all pieces together. I will take a look a it this weekend and try to understand it better :)

Well, I finished up the biceps today and I have some more pictures to show you all. Take a look:

[url]https://blufiles.storage.live.com/y2pK855QADaFPr6tDja-luTsa-dRWYBMbyPYsRMSQjaNwciPEir4HU1fAacBraMOchyVibetoTZ3Do7S5ljSe30SQ/Mk%20VII%20Arm%20-%201.png.jpg?psid=1[/url]

So I have always been a little stumped by the elbow joint. The curved circles that are part of the biceps wrap around the arm slightly and the upper forearm butts up against the bottom of them. It doesn't really make sense for a single pivot point in the middle of the joint. It seems more like the upper forearm slides over the circumference of the circle. However, that would make building the suit very difficult. The problem is if we just put a single pivot point then the fin that comes off the upper forearm will be hitting the front and the back of the circle and this will limit mobility. So I am asking if anyone out there has any good ideas for how to make this elbow joint.

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - V2 Biceps Done pg 130!

so u looks like facing problem with elbov joint.i made mine like this and it have only one pivot point. mobility was good enought as i expected. i've made some changes to upper forearm. how about this litle trick ?? mike ?
Untitled.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back